5 yr old gundog AKC

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Buckeye Bob

5 yr old gundog AKC

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Sire : FC Green Bay Walk on
Dam : Sugarrun Rampage
DOB 4/27/2012
Price $400
I bought this dog 2 years ago to brace with a young female. He is my definition of upper medium speed. I have hunted him the last 2 seasons in all conditions in the snow belt of NE Ohio and he loves the gun.
The good: He has a loud chop that he only uses when running track. He is a tattle tale on a babbler or cold trailer. He has decent hunt for a male. I would not call him a jump dog but he stays busy hunting and can get deep. Has a good snow nose. Handles ok, will check back in if not on track. Sticks with a tough check. I try to run my dogs year round but he is a different dog once shots are fired and he knows its getting real. He is a true gundog.
The bad: He is competitive and a faster dog than him will influence him and can cause disruption on track especially if the other dog is competitive as well. He barks when its feeding time. I have close neighbors.
The ugly: He started a fox chase and pulled the other dog with him in to it a year ago. Has never done it since but....he's done it once.
He is just no longer a good brace with my female who has become naturally faster than him. I have to pick one to keep and its her.
Text 478-4823 area code (440) for more details and pics. Don't PM me on here, it still does not work for me at all.