rabbit pen ?

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

btadlock

rabbit pen ?

Post by btadlock »

Just wondering the cost to fence in 8 t0 10 acs. would run using the coated wire with apron. How much water does a rabbit need also.
There's not a bad day to hunt, some are just better than others

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

rabbits get their water from the plants they eat and the dew that is on the plants in the morning and evening. I had a wildlife bioligist help me when I was building my 5 acre pen and I too had the same concerns about water and that is what she told me.

reddog

rvbeagler

Post by rvbeagler »

I fenved in aprox 8 acres, I put in the t-posts but had a guy do the corners and run the high tensle wire and hang the fence. labor and materials was about $6000. I used the 18 ga. galv.rubber coates wire from byrne fence.

Good luck

Rory

ncbeagler

Post by ncbeagler »

it takes 17.6 rolls of 150 ft of pvc coated 5 ft wire for 10a.the wire is 20 gauge galvanized then pvc coated over that to be 18 gauge thick.I know guys who have had it 10 years with no rust problems.here in NC it can be bought from HOG SLAT (web search)for $95 rolls cheapest I found any where in the US!!! the plant that makes it is riverdale in MASS.see there ad on Ebay for big savings.send me a private message for some other details.the high tensile wire can be added later.really isn't needed if you aren't loaded with deer.eventually a hot wire would benefit best. cut 55 gallon drums bottons out 4 deep for h2o though they get some in dew and wet weeds and grass. My friend just built a 10 acre pen for $2500.I have helped build 6 pens totalling almost 150 acres so I have a lot of experience.elimnate hawk and owl perches will use fence posts too circle top with hot wire. Good Luck ps heard some good deals also on wire out of china.