Vest's Rebar ( SOLD )

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bobby Vest

Vest's Rebar ( SOLD )

Post by Bobby Vest »

Rebar D.O.B June 13 2009 Rebar is a beautiful 14 1/2" redtick male. I have owned this hound since he was weaned. He has good hunt and jumped more rabbits this gun season than any hound I own. He has a good mouth and uses it right. He is a good check dog and comes out of the hole wanting to catch it. He caught more rabbits on the run than any hound I own this gun season. He is like his father in that he will retrieve every rabbit he can get his mouth on. He has good foot and can run with any pack you put him with. He started running here on the farm in the wild at 3 mos. old. Rebar has had more solo time than most hounds will see in a life time. This hound is good under the gun and will do a good job in the trials AKC or NKC or UKC.
I am going back to all females and I want one more exceptional female. I will consider a 3yr. or younger exceptional female for trade. If they don't have extreme hunt don't bother calling. I can take him in the field and bring him out and never need to put a lead on him. Rebar is out of Junie x Mason's Blue Bells and Bells is a niece to Junie. She was out of Perkins Run N Gun Buzzsaw x Mason's Krissy a littermate to Junie. I will take $1000.00 or work a trade for the right female. If interested call Bobby Vest 502-655-9486 Joeyman put some pictures of Rebar when he was a pup on Just Talking Dogs when he was out here to breed to Juniw maybe I can get him to pull them up.
Last edited by Bobby Vest on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby Vest

Re: Vest's Rebar

Post by Bobby Vest »

I just pulled up the pics of Rebar just go to Just Talking Dogs and click on Joeymans old post from his trip to Ky. They are on page one. Thanks

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

Very nice lookin Pup! Speed ? & Do you think he can trial AKC ?

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

KK I don't have any doubt about it. He is as clean as what I have been seeing winning and he is powerful enough. I should have trialed him myself but I have been working 3 females.

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

hope this helps bobby

Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Thanks Chris.

Paul Richardson

Post by Paul Richardson »

I have ran with this dog and Rebar is the real deal..a really nice hound, and what Bobby tells you about a dog ya can take to the bank...I'm really surprised to see him letting him go.
Paul
Jady's Kennels
Great State of KY.
http://jadysbeagles.zoomshare.com/

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Bobby,
I sure wish my situation was different right now because I would sure try to work out a way to get him. Good looking dog.
Charles

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Very nice looking hound.
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Thanks guys.

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

nice hound here guys i've ran with Rebar several times and he can get it done!
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

warddog

Post by warddog »

VERY NICE looking hound!

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

I w :eyes: ched him and Jimbo run in rain going sideways they rolled well in a nice running spot.
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I have always tried to tell things like they are or how I see it, so if you have a minute just read what I have to say. This morning I had two guys drive a little over 2 hours to watch both hounds I have for sale run and I could tell from talking to the buyer on the phone that he was serious about buying a dog. I won't mention his name on here because it may embarrass him. I have been listening to dogs run rabbits and watching them ever since I was about 3 years old and I am now 65. I met these guys this morning at the local McDonalds so they could get a bite and a cup of coffee. The man ask me to get the Rebar dog out of the box so he could take a look at him and I opened the door and Rebar wouldn't even come out of the box. This is a hound I have had since he was a baby and he was raised around 5 of my grand kids and I have had the dog all over the country and have had him around hundreds of different people and I have never seen him act like that. I am not going to tell all the details because it would bore you to death. We get to the running spot and turn the dogs loose and they mill around a minute or so and they finally go in a little. When I say a little I mean very little. The one dog opened a couple times and didn't produce and Rebar pretty much stood around and acted like I just gave him a couple shots of morphine. The two dogs in about a 20 minute span opened many times and tried to make a line but I never saw them produce a thing. The point I am trying to make is I feel like a liar. a wanna be thief, whatever you could think of to call somebody that is no good. I have put down many dogs in my life that looked a lot better than my dogs looked this morning and I was asking decent money for them. I don't want to sell a dog, run a dog, play with a dog and I sure don't want to feed a dog. I have shown dogs before that had an off day but I have never seen anything in my life like I saw this morning. I am so sick to my stomach I could throw up. I am going to take a little while and see if I can get over this feeling and if I don't I will never run another dog in my life. I apologize to the man that wasted his time and gas money with all my heart and I hope he can forgive me. He was a gentleman about it and I offered him gas money for his trouble and I offered to buy them a good meal but they kindly refused both and I can understand why. I guess if I had drove that far and saw what we saw I would have wanted to shoot the man showing them instead of shooting the dogs. Again if he reads this I apologoze sincerely and if I can ever do anything to make it up to you I will. Right now I don't feel like showing a dog to anyone and I wouldn't ask anyone to walk around the corner to see these crap eaters. I have lost all the feelings I have ever had for the hounds as of right now. I do appreciate all the calls and all the interest. Thanks for reading this Bobby Vest.

FORDWRENCH

Post by FORDWRENCH »

It takes guts to tell the truth! Wish more were like you Mr vest. Hats off!
Throw me to the wolves and i will return leading the pack!