Free 14" female no longer Available

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Swampman

Re: Free 14" female

Post by Swampman »

Tom,
Good luck, I did this a year ago and it turned into a big sh*t storm.
Now I find out the person who got the hound is trying to get papers in a round about way.
Very disappointing to say the least!

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

Wouldn't half to worry about getting papers if paper went with the dog like it should!!!! If a dog don't suit one person does not mean it want suit the next person... Don't throw register dogs papers away give them to the next dog owner... If you're scared of some one making money off u. U probably just need to keep the dog bc i have seen grade dogs sell for good money too ...

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

30 u summed it up. Making money off you.....he is giving away his cull and that makes it a breedable powerhouse to someone else?? Man is doing the right thing.....I would gladly deal with someone this honest!!

Shame there aren't more like him......

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Tom,
Don't throw the papers away, make sure you send them in to AKC with deceased written across the front.
This is the only way she cannot be registered with AKC again.
There is always the chance of someone putting false papers on her, there is only one absolute way for this not to happen (if you know what I mean).

Fortunately, America is still free, and you have the RIGHT to do as you wish with YOUR property.
I've done what you are attempting, and when you get a youngster involved, it is a great feeling.
Kids don't care about papers, adults do.
Last edited by Swampman on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

There used to be a place on the papers where you could mark "limited registration", this meant the offspring of hound could not be registered with AKC but still carry the linage of the hound as being pure bred.
If someone wanted the hound & papers, I'd send the papers in as limited registry and then the papers could could go with the hound and no offspring could be registered.
There is nothing full proof as paper swapping is a bigger threat, but I have to agree it's nice to be able to show or have the pedigree on a hound.
Nothing would tickle me more than to be proved wrong on a hound I'd given up on and someone put in the time to make it a useful hunter/companion.
I think in that case, if the breeder sees he's made a misjudgement, he can go back to AKC and reverse the "limited registration" to full registration if the hound was a late bloomer or just needed the kinks worked out with time and experience.

Rowdy, sorry for the mess with the hound. We learn more about people with time, tho I have to admit, my latter experiences have been more bad than good. It only makes us treasure those good ones more. :bigsmile:

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Swampman wrote:Tom,
Don't throw the papers away, make sure you send them in to AKC with deceased written across the front.
This is the only way she cannot be registered with AKC again.
There is always the chance of someone putting false papers on her, there is only one absolute way for this not to happen (if you know what I mean).

Fortunately, America is still free, and you have the RIGHT to do as you wish with YOUR property.
I've done what you are attempting, and when you get a youngster involved, it is a great feeling.
Kids don't care about papers, adults do.
+1
TheJohnBirchSociety

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

So, let me get this right, someone is suggesting falsifying papers to AKC? (Writing deceased on them) would you falsify other things to AKC? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

If I was close enough to take the dog I would in a heart beat with or without the papers. Papers wouldn't mean nothing to me never seen papers run a rabbit..
Last edited by Ole Mule on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Rcoff wrote:So, let me get this right, someone is suggesting falsifying papers to AKC? (Writing deceased on them) would you falsify other things to AKC? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Bob
Really, that's what you got out of it???
Twist away people, twist away!

kimbro25

Post by kimbro25 »

I guess there is a lot of people that just don't get it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The man said FREE WITHOUT PAPERS.
Pretty plan to me!! If you don't want the dog move on. Thanks

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

Think about it.
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

So the dog owner is keeping papers to put on a dog that's not papered .... Say what ??

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

I have stayed out of this because all I have tried to do is something nice for someone and not kill a hound that will make a nice starter hound or hunting dog . I will not allow something to be said that is not true! 30 if you are saying that I am keeping papers so I can use on another hound you are WRONG and I take serious offense to you calling me a cheat or liar if this is what is happened with your last post. So with that being said. I will just keep the dog and papers and do as I feel necessary with the hound. I also apologize for trying to do something nice. I also would like to thank those that chimed in. With the support that understand my attempted good deed to my knowledge I do not know any of you that brings a little hope knowing good people still exists in our sport.
Thank you , Tom Summers

J&J Run Em Down

Re: Free 14" female no longer Available

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

I know tom for at least 20 + Years he is straight as they come he had good intentions sent we don't have enuf young people in are sport hear in michigan are judges ard all getting old and with out younger beagles the sport will die off

Tom this is john Martin if you still won't to move her my nephew is wonting a dog he lives in Roscommon mi right on the border of state land he dose not need papers he just won't say beagle he is 12 years old and love running dogs and hunting rabbits. I will be at Oakland beagle club on sat this week end

Ps you guys that b s on this bord and don't know the person need to stop (30)

BCBeagles

Re: Free 14" female no longer Available

Post by BCBeagles »

These types of posts confirm to me the types of people we should deal with....TOM SUMMERS one of those I would deal with willingly....the guys trying to see ill intent within good intentions....well.....they show there true colors....doesn't take them long to expose themselves....

Makes it much easier when you deal with select honest guys(the EXTREME MINORITY!!).......