2 year old open marked GRADE female...14 inch.

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

2 year old open marked GRADE female...14 inch.

Post by BCBeagles »

My brother is going to let go a decent grade female he raised from a pup. She is an open marked female and an athletic 14 inches tall. One half white ear.

She had a register mother, AKC, and a grade father from a line of dogs we have had for nearly 20 years.

She has good hunt, her best attribute, and jumps several rabbits. She is upper medium speed with a very honest mouth. With 2-4 dogs this dog looks at her best. When put with a very large group she is little too prone to swing and move to the front. She doesn't do this much at all in a smaller pack, but will with 6-8 dogs down. She will contribute in the race and not just me too. She picks up checks and will definitely hunt for a rabbit all day.

She has a high pitched squall and bawl mouth that can really be heard. She is tone broke, and handles well. She would be a nice addition to a small pack, but is not a world beater, but not a cull either.

I am confident Mike can send you a pic by text. His number is 3049067672. Text him for a pic.

Asking $200 dollars for her. She can jump and solo her own rabbit and does that regularly. She is decent dog just not a great dog. She will be 3 on May 22nd.

There were others in her litter that made better dogs than her so this was a decent cross.

You can PM me with any questions on her. She is near Fairview, WV and he has an area you can see her go.

Thanks for looking!

BCBeagles

Re: 2 year old open marked GRADE female...14 inch.

Post by BCBeagles »

A few people have called...most very reasonable with there questions.

My brother and his wife are going in for baby #3 to come TONIGHT.......lol. He will answer any and all questions accurately but it may take him a bit to respond.

This is a $200 dollar dog.....expect average to slightly above average results. She is a 6-7 on speed, quick but not reckless. She blends to the speed of what is with her.
She does hunt and look for a rabbit...not stand on the path....she does listen well and is collar broke.

You run her with similar speed dogs, she runs middle of pack up to front. She does not open a lot in the back of a pack...hence what I said about a large pack.

She would operate pretty well in a small pack and contribute....please remember....key here $200 dollars.....PUPPY PRICE for a running dog that is not a problem and will give you good effort. Someone wants a decent gun dog and not junk....come take her with $200 dollars in hand and I am sure you could make worse investments....lol.

I have her here at my house and can snap a pic of her...matter of fact I will go do that now and have it on my phone.....please text me...304-694-6331 for a pic of her.

Thanks for looking!!!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Have a couple pics I can text....she has a docked tail. It is about 2/3 normal length....I did this when she was a pup I had picked her as an 8 wk old and then gave her back to him at 4 months as I had other pups at the time she started on the first rabbit she ever saw...HATES a rabbit...

My brother never like the docked tail look...but I do....lol.

wingmaster_01

Post by wingmaster_01 »

If jimmy and Mike are selling her for $200, she's probably worth $400. Both of these guys are very honest and will treat you right. I'm sure she will be as described, plus a little.
Alan
Alan Plum
Stoney Creek Kennels
Edinburg, Va
703-926-2032

Home of FC Whitney Creek Captain Jack

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks Alan.

We are describing the dog accurately. Interestingly people are texting does she have extreme hunt...for 200 dollars....NO.

Has she run junk or does she....she ran a buck in the rut on my brother....was shocked....has not ran any off game since....NO guarantees what she would do with a pack of deer dogs....BUT again....we are asking 200 dollars for her....lol.

Get my drift.....200 dollar dog here for sale.....NOT A WORLDBEATER.....NOT A CULL.....somewhere in the middle.

I have seen some real nice things out of her. She can jump and solo her own rabbit. HANDLES, HUNTS with you and gives mouth when she smells a rabbit. She ain't bad looking either....ALL THAT FOR 200 dollars.

As said before maybe we should have ask 1000 and described as extreme hunt with a mouth like a lion roaring and line control like a train on a track...oh....and fast as a cheetah 4 days out from a meal......

This is a decent gun dog priced accordingly. thanks and take care!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Sale pending....thanks for the interest.