Seneca Pens???

List Beagling Related Items only here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TerryLee

Seneca Pens???

Post by TerryLee »

Would like some feed back to those who has these type of pens? Do you like them?

cottontail commandos

Re: Seneca Pens???

Post by cottontail commandos »

I love mine I've had fence like kennels,dogs on boxes, above ground made of wood and nothing compares to senneca's.their all aluminum easy to keep clean and last forever.the dog boxes are insulated and very easily can be heated depending on how bad your winters are.I have a three run unit and a whelper. I purchased mine from Chuck Prather owner of plum creek kennel supply. I checked around for awhile when I bought mine and he gave me the best price by far.you can call him @ 3302560530 i'm sure he could answer any questions you might have. He even delivered mine to a little pack hunt and saved me the cost of shipping. good luck in finding what your looking for
"RELENTLESS PURSUIT"

TerryLee

Post by TerryLee »

Thanks Cottontail for the help.

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Thanks cottontail commandoes for the compliments and referrel.I appreciate it!

Combs324

Post by Combs324 »

The only thing that would make mine better is if the lid on the dog house opened 180 so you dont have to hold it open to clean it and there was a drain in the bottom so i do not have to turn the hole thing upside down when i wash it to get the water out. Keep that in mind if you buy one he will add anything, i would add a drain valve if i were you. jmo.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I have a 3 run, a 2 run and a whelper and I like them all. They require little to no maintenance, dogs do well in them during cold weather if you add some straw. a couple of things you should do are get the longer legs for them, get the dog doors, and order the heater attachment if you live in an area with cold weather or planning on whelping pups in the colder months. Have them install the dog doors as they can be a pain to install yourself as you may have to shave them down a bit. Definitely get the longer legs though, I believe they are 3 feet tall, they make a major difference in how often you have to clean out from under them.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER

Post by CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER »

I've had mine for about 8 months now,I really think this the only way to go.I have had to move my previous above ground pens several times prior to purchasing my Seneca,and it wasn't very pleasant.It took 5 of us to move it,not any fun.This is what convinced me to invest in my seneca.I have a (3) dog, and Love IT.Easy to handle & easy to clean.I had wanted one for so long
but never really had the money to invest in one,however finally got tired of the heavy lifting & such,and decided to call & order
one from Ron in Seneca,OH.He had it ready for me within two weeks,my cousin and I drove from Frankfort, Ky.to Seneca, OH.
to pick it up, was a very long trip,but well worth it.Ron & his son are great people,and they did a great job on my pen.Thanks Ron!I would most definitely recommend this type kennel,it will last you a lifetime.

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

I have a two run,and love it.best thing I ever did.I had them add an extra foot on the runs.The only thing I wish I would have done different is bought the 3 run.I am planning on buying another one soon.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Great product and great quality. Have two kennels(2 dogs) and houses for all my others, whelper as well. Cannot go wrong with them.
Chuck Prather is the man to call, he will take care of you.

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Thanks for everything Jim!

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

I have 4 Seneca kennels, one is whelper and one I converted to a whelper. Great kennels, great product. The only problem I have ever seen with them is the aluminum in the box oxidizing around the corners in the bottom. If you have a pups that urinate or a dog that does in the box it will destroy the bottoms over time. Great kennels though. I love them!