Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

phill31

Post by phill31 »

The field trial secretary doesn't get any of the judges. Each federation sends the judges that will represent them to the AKC National Committee.

As far as who does the AKC Committee talk to in the Mid-West, I would think they talk to who ever the Mid-West has on The AKC Committee. Who is your representive on the AKC National Committee??? Have you talked to him???

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

Our committee member is Eddie Thompson. I will contact him tonight. Phil what is your position with the nationals. Thanks.
Brandon Hill

phill31

Post by phill31 »

None

Clyde Gott

Post by Clyde Gott »

When one considers what a "small" portion of AKC field trialers are represented by the AKC Mid-West...one can understand why they wouldn't get a "judge" but once every 4 to 6 years. If the AKC Mid-West would "grow in number" they could have a "bigger voice" in said matters.

If the AKC Mid-West was supplying a service that was in demand...they would grow. The truth of the matter is "they" are trying to put a "square peg (a Little Pack hound) into a round hole (an AKC field title)". Many of the Little Pack beaglers have dual registered hounds (ARHA or NKC and AKC)...why?...your guess is as good as mine...perhaps they hope that with an AKC registration, that it will add some value to the hound. As a "whole"...the AKC Mid-West does not run an AKC rule book hound...and evidently there not much demand for.
Clyde Gott
Crowley's Ridge Beagles
http://www.thespoboard.com

Pound The Ground

Post by Pound The Ground »

:shock:
Last edited by Pound The Ground on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timberdoodle

Post by timberdoodle »

"Judging" from what I saw at Java Village this year those fellows from the mid west have very fine hounds and should be very proud of them.

When we had winners pack run a hare I thought I had a pretty fast dog....NOT. And those midwest hounds ran it right!!

Post by Guest »

Leave it to Clyde (LOL)
dog2

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Put that pipe down Clyde, youve had enough! Thats one of the stupidist things ive seen posted on this board!
Crane Creek Kennels

TC

Post by TC »

Well i guess if ya Aint got any Dog power you wouldnt be able to Run in the Midwest I have Run against a lot of the midwest Style of hounds and they Can Flat out get er Done Speed with Control Aint that What ya Want?????
I would rather have a True Gundog than a STYLE hound any day..
I think Some Of the Federations Are trying to hard for STYLE and giving up Some of the Dogs Natural Ability
PROCEDURE 5. STANDARD FOR JUDGING
5-A FOREWORD
(1) The Beagle is a trailing hound whose purpose is
to find game, to pursue it in an energetic and decisive
manner, and to show a determination to account for it.

Pursuing ability is shown by a proficiency for
keeping control of the trail while making the best possible
progress. Game should be pursued rather than
merely followed
, and actions should indicate a determined
effort to make forward progress in the surest,
most sensible manner by adjusting speed to correspond
to conditions and circumstances. Actions
should be positive and controlled, portraying sound
judgment and skill. Progress should be proclaimed by
tonguing. No hound can be too fast, provided the trail
is clearly and accurately followed.

8-K Judges are to consider that the Beagle is primarily
a hunting hound and that its object is first to
find game and second to drive it in an energetic and
decisive manner and show an animated desire to
overtake it.

JMHO
TC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

CHAD_PLUNKETT

Post by CHAD_PLUNKETT »

Very well said Tracey.
PLUNKETT'S KENNEL SUPPLY
1-270-797-3244

Post by Guest »

How many dogs did the mid west put in the AKC (NAT) last year?
How many did they place?
Not saying they couldnt just saying there is not a big number of them.
And I am being told the papper work was sent to them and never sent back to AKC feild trial secretary.So looks to me like they dont like to be a part of it.

Post by Guest »

the last post was by Jamie

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

Who was it sent to and when. In the years past we recieved paper work and voted upon a judge to send at our January association meeting held every year at mid-ky beagle club. We then sent the name and number of the qualified judge to the Nationals committee. When did this change? If it was sent that's fine it's on our end. Just answer the question and will be done with this. Thanks

Brandon Hill

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

MAN who is in charge of the MID-WEST call THEM!!! I gave you Mel's number did you call him? you need to ask the people who can give you the answer not get on here and cry over sour grapes.

Clyde Gott

Post by Clyde Gott »

"No hound can be too fast, provided the trail is clearly and accurately followed."

I heard dat!!!! But do you call "looking for the line" more than your running the line "clearly and accurately followed"???
P.S. - you boys who are :shock: and haven't "seen" much :yikes:...need to get out more... :lol:!!!

P.P.S. - here's a new concept for some of ya..."Style with Accomplishment"!!!
Clyde Gott
Crowley's Ridge Beagles
http://www.thespoboard.com