Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

Post by Bev »

Anybody know for sure when they will be? What about location? Gonna be back at Owensboro/Ohio County again?

Buckspocket

Post by Buckspocket »

Bev...Yes it will be at Owensboro again. The dates will be April 13&14.

Tony

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Thanks, Tony. I hope to make it down. This doesn't coincide with Easter, does it? I know last year some field trials had to be rescheduled. I've been so crazy lately I haven't even checked the calendar to see what Sunday Easter falls on this year.

phill31

Post by phill31 »

Bev this will be the weekend after Easter. Here is a list of the judges.

13" Dogs Darian X Archie & Edgar Burdette
13" Bitches David Richard Owen & T G Hanks
15" Dogs Steve Poirier & John Jerome Kendrick
15" Bitches Art Clay & Mark Malloy

Post by Guest »

If you would like to get ready for the NAT Owensboro will have a LIC trial April 6th and 7th butler county only 20 miles away will have a LIC trial on april 10th and 11th and then the NAT back at Owensboro on April 13th and 14th all 3 trials will bet part of the Purina triple challenge!!!!!!!
Judges for Owensboro will be from -GA-SC-IN-TN-KY-NC-MISS- IF YOU NEED INFO CALL JAMIE POE 270/703/0949

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

What associations are the judges from. I didn't see any names I recognized from the mid-west this year?

phill31

Post by phill31 »

From what I understand the Mid-West never sent in a name.

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

For what it's worth, the last four years we haven't been asked to send one until after January. But oh well given previous comments I honestly don't think our association is truly wanted anyhow.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

:shock:
Crane Creek Kennels

swing

Post by swing »

do they not run a mid-west style of dog?
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

Nothing was ever sent to me such as a judges affirmation form as is protocol in AKC for selecting judges. I am the association secretary and Jamie is the treasurer now but former secretary. Who should have this name been sent to and when? Perhaps AKC should be inquired in this matter.

Brandon Hill

Post by Guest »

Hills not to sound like a smart --- but maybe you should inquire with AKC maybe this will help you. (Mel Stewart 256/796/2386 AKC rep)
post by Jamie

phill31

Post by phill31 »

I agree with Jamie that you can call Mel and ask him. I would think that first you would ask your association rep that is on the AKC National Committee what happened.

John Phillips

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

I thought the nationals were set up like any other trial where a field trial secretary was responsible for obtaining judges. I am fairly certain that's how it works. I will give Mel a call but I don't see what role he would play in obtaining judges. Does Mel pick the judges? Who does the nationals commitee corespond with from the Mid-West? Thanks

Brandon Hill

Post by Guest »

No the field trial secretary does not get the judges they are voted on at the meeting by the members that are there.