Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

And your point? they all look fine to me. you called me and Clyde names like a 5 year old kid and you say we are the bad ones.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Shall I add this most recent post to the list?
you called me and Clyde names like a 5 year old kid and you say we are the bad ones.
Well if the shoe fits...

You honestly see nothing wrong with Clyde's post? If not, then no wonder you don't see anything wrong with yours. Please, just stop whining about the espo board and accusing people of intentionally withholding info from you. It will be back up when it's ready. 2,985 inquiries will not speed up the process, and I can't give you information i don't have.

Thank you.

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

OOOOO and I am the only to ask what is up with espo! I am the only one to say what is going on with it, BEV you are a trip.But fot the kid's sake I am glade your not cursing at me any more.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Why, because I said "ass?" LOL. That's all you got? Lemme ask you a few questions, Jamie.

How old are your kids?
How long have you been reading and posting on the espo board?
Do you ever let your kids read the espo board?
Ya ever wonder why I decided to keep the espo board seperate from this one after I bought SPO Magazine?
Do you have any idea how much crap I took from some espo members because I made them register and own up to their own posts? (It made some of them so mad - they called it unconstitutional, and never came back, rotf.)

If an occasional off-color word disturbs you that much, then you're in the wrong sport - and I can't believe you visit the boards at all, much less the infamous espo board. I've been posting on the espo board since 1999. I used to be the only female on that board. You don't wanna know what the board was like...it would crush your delicate psyche. Don't try and pull the moral high ground on me because I said "ass" (lmao).

Now, I'm done with this off-topic rant. Have your last word - I know you're dying to, then I vote for getting back to discussing the Nationals.

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

My kid is 9
1yr
No
makeing them register was the best thing you ever done when it comes back I wish you would make them use there real names.cause if you say it you shold not care if they know your real name.
No I am in the correct sport most of the people I hang around dont talk like that and it is now a rule at our club that if you do come out with words like that in frount of kids we will ask you to get out! when we made that rule at our club I had a lot of people to tell me way to go, good job, not that I was in the wrong sport.
I do now and have befor thanked you for the job you do on the boards but when somebody dont agree with you there is no need in calling them names. I never went after you on a personal leavel till you went after me! I am a big enough person to not agree with somebody and go on being friends with them are you?
My last word!

Post by Guest »

Bev yoiu've been on this board a long time but I believe Fredia Karpan was the first female on and stayed on until a forgotten rebel slandered her so bad she almost got a lawyer.

Tony Choate

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Tony, you're right, and I think Frieda left the boards just about the same time I came on because we rarely met up there. I also received the death threats and abusive e-mails from Rebel (lol). I just figured he had a crease in his brain and left it at that.

Jamie, I'm glad your club promotes a friendly environment for kids. You did so go after me when you made that snide remark about "we knew Bev would side with them." like it was some schoolyard fight or something, lol. Us against *them* WTH, lol. Prior to that, I hadn't even replied to a single one of your posts.
I am a big enough person to not agree with somebody and go on being friends with them are you?
Ya have to be friends first, and if a person won't speak to you when you try to introduce yourself at the events, it's a little hard to be friends. ;) Maybe we can fix that this spring.

Clyde Gott

Post by Clyde Gott »

WOW!!!

I meant to say, "Accomplishment with Style"!!! Yes...oh yes...it is possible...but if you settle for mediocrity...guess what ya wind up with????

The rules...yes...they are rules...don't need interpreted...they simply need followed.

Why do federations "run" differently...even though they claim to be using the same AKC rule book? Because..."they" want to place their private interpretation "into" the AKC rule book...thus trying to "fit" their dog to the rule book instead of simply "applying" the rule book to their dog. One of the biggest problems facing our sport is "people don't know or understanding the AKC rules".

Does this all sound familiar...

Why do religious groups "worship" differently...even though they claim to be using the same Bible? Because..."they" want to place their private interpretation "into" the Bible...thus trying to "fit" their life to the Bible instead of simply "applying" the Bible to their life. One of the biggest problems facing our world is "people don't know or understanding the Bible".

The good thing about our first dilemma is...there our other sets of rules that will fit your dog!!! So don't get up-set if your square peg won't fit into a round hole...simply be happy with a square hole or get yourself a round peg.

Unfortunately..our second dilemma isn't as easily fixed. Why?...because one has to be willing to change their will...to follow His.
Clyde Gott
Crowley's Ridge Beagles
http://www.thespoboard.com

TC

Post by TC »

I meant to say, "Accomplishment with Style"!!! Yes...oh yes...it is possible...but if you settle for mediocrity...guess what ya wind up with????
Not Sure Clyde!!!
So please Do Tell!!!!!
:lol:
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

timberdoodle

Post by timberdoodle »

Clyde: Do you mean to say that the Federations who encourage and reward dogs for "slotting up" are not following the rule book? Just putting their own interpretation to it??????? LOL

pbtx

Post by pbtx »

PBTX : As President of the LONE STAR ASSOC . I always sent in our judges ' name and address and phone to the Pres . of the AKC Nationals .
I did this as soon as he was known to us .
It is not their responsibility to contact you ,but your responsibility to contact the National officers .

In all of the years I attended , I never saw the Midwest judge or rep. attend the awards banquet / barbeque dinner . Why is that ?
Seems to me you guys got a chip on your shoulder .
Paul Belding

GR

Post by GR »

He He, got a chuckle out of that one Tom. You guys turned a post asking for the dates of the nationals into a long blown out debate about style. The whole thing really is silly. If the faster dog really is better, he will leave nothing for the slower dog to do but follow. If the slower dog is better he will continue to cut the faster dog and show him where the rabbit went. Very simple.
http://www.hardcoregundogs.com/

He who cannot cull, should not breed.

timberdoodle

Post by timberdoodle »

You got that right Greg!!! The best hunting to ya and good luck at the trials this year!!

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

Accomplishment with style will be probably only thing we would agree on. However I'm sure our definitions of style moreso accomplishment would vary drasticly. To each their own I suppose. Mediocrity you say? Hmm I'd say you'd probably end up with dogs that look for mudholes to lay in after 10 minutes of running and should be shot. Then again the best excuse I heard was "Oh those weren't our best representatives and well it was hot." That was pretty funny when you take into consideration you have many northern dogs that come from temps that's 1/2 to 3/4 colder.
The rules...yes...they are rules...don't need interpreted...they simply need followed.
Whose to say whom is following them better than another? All matter of opinion... And well opinions are like... Well I'm sure you have the intelligence to figure out the rest.
Why do federations "run" differently...even though they claim to be using the same AKC rule book? Because..."they" want to place their private interpretation "into" the AKC rule book...thus trying to "fit" their dog to the rule book instead of simply "applying" the rule book to their dog. One of the biggest problems facing our sport is "people don't know or understanding the AKC rules".
Honestly I don't think you understand or know the AKC rules any better than anyone else. I can read a medical book over and over and quote you ever theory in there... but it doesn't make me a doctor by any means much less an expert. Personally I don't see where you can say your sect is any better than ours. Or that you aren't trying to fit your dog to a standard anymore than you obviously think we are. Although I welcome you to give examples to support your idealogy.
fixed. Why?...because one has to be willing to change their will...to follow His.
One has to be willing to think the other is right beforehand. Apparently you don't think we're right and it's pretty obvious we don't think you are either. Thus we're at a stalemate.

Paul,
No one has a chip on their shoulder by any means. Brandon and I asked simple questions and it appears other parties got rather defensive over such. I'm sure you definitely look at matters differently than we, but 9 times out of 10 one doesn't get defensive unless they have something to hide.

As for not attending a banquet... The former MW liasion between the nationals and our association attending your little hobnob a good handful of times. Guess you weren't there then. As for why the judge didn't attend. Same reason you and I don't attend certian trials or run under certain judges... It's our perogative and we feel it's a waste of our time.

Then again why attend a get together when you're only going to be disrespected at such. Would your Lone Star rep or judge attend if you were called a disgrace and told the dogs you placed was a disgrace? Not to mention though the one saying such wasn't in the field to even see such. The sad thing about the whole situation is that AKC personnel had to try to lie about it happening. And when called upon such only had to offer, "Oh he wasn't talking about you, he was talking about the other judge." Funny where I judge it takes both judges agreeing to make any decision or to place any dog. Things were all fine and dandy as long as non-MW dogs and like weren't placing... then all sudden tradition is bucked and someone had to show their behind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mr. Choate stepped down and the current regime took over the nationals lost all integrity and respectability. It's obvious the current regime doesn't want the Midwest there and the only reason Mel keeps wanting us to show up is where you guys have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling it the AKC SPO Nationals. Because without all SPO sects there then AKC isn't being represented as a whole. Fear not though you guys can have it like you wish, because frankly I'm not sure Brandon's opinion on the situation, but mine and my recommendation to our association from here on out is to tell the nationals to stick it. Soon enough we'll have our own championship trial as a licensed trial anyhow.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

For what it's worth the Nationals guy did contact the Midwest representative asking for a judge. He left voice mail and when our guy returned his call a couple days later he was told the position was already filled. Guess a couple days was too long to wait, then again....

Anyhow best of luck to those that attend this year. Have fun...
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV