Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

Mr. Gott, what the *^&& are you smoking?
"The truth of the matter is "they" are trying to put a "square peg (a Little Pack hound) into a round hole (an AKC field title)". Many of the Little Pack beaglers have dual registered hounds (ARHA or NKC and AKC)...why?...your guess is as good as mine...perhaps they hope that with an AKC registration, that it will add some value to the hound. As a "whole"...the AKC Mid-West does not run an AKC rule book hound...and evidently there not much demand for."

Yes, there are Midwest hounds that I would not consider conservative by any means. But there are plenty that run with speed and control.to answer the check area issue, as I saw one comment earlier about Midwest dogs being 50-75 yards away. Sorry, but I don't think those dogs that were described will be placing in any Midwest trials.

The fact of the matter is no one from the Midwest runs in the SPO Nationals because as has been casted all across this board an attitude we do not belong there. Why would we when your minds are already made up before the dogs are put on the ground. That is exactly what we will do drive 3-4 hours and spend a couple of hundred dollars to go home as soon as you find out what association someone is from. Lol You might be suprised at what "speed" with control really looks like. It may not be prevelant but it does exist. Bet there are a few dogs at your trials that look "rough" for your format also.

Look forward to running against you real soon!!! In fact why don't you come to Berea, KY Feb. 8th for the 13" female class. Everyone in the Midwest would certainly welcome you.

Post by Guest »

Wait a min. don't ya'll know Clyde knows ALL!!!

Bible =Clydes interpretation...

SPO rules = Clydes interpretation...

end of it..

Post by Guest »

laal made the above post.

Larry Thompson

Clyde Gott

Post by Clyde Gott »

Nothing new here...it's the same message I've been "preaching" for a while. One has to "know and understand" the truth...before one will accept and embrace it. And sometimes...the truth hurts...before it heals.

...in the end..."feed what ya like and like what ya feed".

...and may the Good Lord bless and keep those who "do" His will.
I meant to say, "Accomplishment with Style"!!! Yes...oh yes...it is possible...but if you settle for mediocrity...guess what ya wind up with????

The rules...yes...they are rules...don't need interpreted...they simply need followed.

Why do federations "run" differently...even though they claim to be using the same AKC rule book? Because..."they" want to place their private interpretation "into" the AKC rule book...thus trying to "fit" their dog to the rule book instead of simply "applying" the rule book to their dog. One of the biggest problems facing our sport is "people don't know or understanding the AKC rules".

Does this all sound familiar...

Why do religious groups "worship" differently...even though they claim to be using the same Bible? Because..."they" want to place their private interpretation "into" the Bible...thus trying to "fit" their life to the Bible instead of simply "applying" the Bible to their life. One of the biggest problems facing our world is "people don't know or understanding the Bible".

The good thing about our first dilemma is...there our other sets of rules that will fit your dog!!! So don't get up-set if your square peg won't fit into a round hole...simply be happy with a square hole or get yourself a round peg.

Unfortunately..our second dilemma isn't as easily fixed. Why?...because one has to be willing to change their will...to follow His.

Clyde Gott
Crowley's Ridge Beagles
Clyde Gott
Crowley's Ridge Beagles
http://www.thespoboard.com

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

evidently it all goes back to mr campbell remarks when kenny barcus won the spo nationals with a so called midwest hound. does affiliation play a role in judging a hound or is there a such thing as a fair shake. who would support something that doesnt support you, midwest would show up in big numbers if you let the dogs pursue game and judge the hounds instead of talking with the gallery save that for after the trial. to not be represented at the nationals on a judging stand point is wrong bottom line we have the right as any other akc association. remember earl rice working his ass off and got sick dont remember the rest but it was in a write up in betr beagling. big heart is what the midwest has to offer and take pride in judging hounds. don l smith came back and told us what fine hounds were at the nationals when he judged very smooth runnin dogs, could have killed every rabbit. now if thats a lie ask the akc rep that was at central ky trial in december he is from tennessee what don had to ay about the nationals. at our trials you get a mixture of everything boo hooers, to rough, too slow, when it gets down to 7-9 dogs you are on pins and needles thats when those heavy hitters have settled in and are rockin and rollin. the big male class is too powerful for me. i am laid back but love to compete you just have to spend so much time on that 1 dog to get over the top and be able to control a pack. the main event