Dates for 2007 SPO Nationals?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Clyde, there's good style and bad style, and your post was of the latter. One of the reasons the Midwest SPO Gundog Federation was formed was because they felt YOU guys weren't running a rulebook hound, so who's right? Many think your dogs potter. I don't really care what kind of dogs anyone has, I'm just sayin'...

A good friend of mine (from Michigan) told me a long time ago, "I notice that 'fast dog people' don't really care what dogs another man feeds. They rarely will publicly criticize another style or format - it doesn't affect them so they don't waste their time on it." She then said, "however, 'slow dog people' are the first to criticize any dog that's not like their own. And the slower the dog they keep, the more they criticize others." You just proved her case.

Midwest SPO is run by the very same rules the other federations follow. Deep South dogs are nothing like IBGF dogs, and UBGF dogs are nothing like Lone Star dogs, so who should stay home?

That was a snotty, narrow-minded, arrogant thing to say. I'm sure it won't hurt your feelings to read this because people who often cause offense don't generally know when to take offense.
:thumbsdown:

TC

Post by TC »

Bev, posted same time you did, great job! But here goes my post any way

Clyde Gott wrote
the AKC Mid-West does not run an AKC rule book hound.
Ok IYO guess you would just Need to SHOW ME where they are not Following the Rules!!!
OR is it just YOUR interpretation of the rules!!!!!
This seems to be one of the problems i have run across is the Differing OPINIONS or Interpretations of the Rules...
Who is to Accurately Say WHERE that line is at!!! Except for the Dog as long as the Dog is Gettin Er Done then i would have to give them the benifit of the doubt now you do have Some judges that Can actually keep up with the Dogs enough to SEE where the rabbit Run BUT if you have Wind Or High Low barometric pressure WHO is to say that is where the SCENT is at!!!!!
"Style with Accomplishment"!!!
AGAIN interpretation
Some Just like a Different Style than others as long as the hound can Get it Done with Very Few mistakes whats the problem?
Neither are DEFINED in the Rulebook if so
SHOW ME!!!![/b]
Last edited by TC on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

We should know by now Bev would take up for them, I dont think any of them should stay home they should all come to the (AKC Nat) and let the dogs do the talking!but then they will say it was the judges they only like slow dogs.Can anyone give me the answer to my other post!
How many dogs did the Mid-west enter last year??
how many did they place??

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Jamie, you should also know that I take up for anyone who's being bashed. If you don't know that then you don't belong on any of my boards. I stand up for the beagle/fox/coyote guys, the LPH guys, the NBC folks, the show folks - basically anyone who's being unfairly bashed, because they enjoy their dogs, too, and they don't ask anyone else to feed them. You don't see ANY of them getting on here and bashing SPO dogs...

Since you wanna take a shot at me, then have some back. I don't even need to ASK what your last name is. I KNOW who you are because 99.999% of your posts are WHINING about something, or just being negative in general. The only time they're not is when you're wanting help for your club, or somebody to do something for you. You were a snotty-ass when I was down to Owensboro last year too. Others thought the same thing and told me so, and guess what? I stood up for you then. Not anymore. I'm the one who has provided your beloved espo board for the last 4 years so show a little respect or shove off.

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

What's your point Jaime. I would imagine very few mid-west dogs were entered for a variety of reasons. I don't have anything against your dogs or judges. With that said if you don't have anything to do with the nationals then you should probably leave it to those who do. I doubt they want you speaking for them. Feel free to give me a call. I guess I need a shoulder to cry on! Thanks for the laugh.

Brandon Hill

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Brandon, he does HAVE a point. He thinks he does, but it leads to nothing good.

Post by Guest »

I WENT TO 1 MID-WEST TRIAL ON 2 DIFFERENT DAYS. THESE DOGS WOULD GO INTO A CHECK AND DISPERSE 50-75 YARDS AWAY FROM THE POINT OF LOSS. I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE THAT STYLE AND THOSE GUYS WOULDNT LIKE MY DOG. TO EACH HIS OWN. IN MY OPINION THE NATIONALS SHOULD BE BROKEN UP INTO DIFFERENT FORMATS. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE TO HARD TO ACCURATELY JUDGE SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES OF DOGS. IVE NEVER BEEN TO THE NATIONALS BUT IT SEEMS LIKE WITH ALL THOSE DIFFERENT STYLES OF DOGS , THE PACKS WOULDNT EVEN STAY TOGETHER. JMHO

MERV

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

Did the dogs that placed run that way or did you leave before then? There are bad dogs in every format. I think you will find that dogs like that rarely place in the mid-west. We try to place dogs that run as close to like the rules say they should. Maybe you should give it another try.

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Yes look at all my post! and not very many are negative.I did'nt take a shot at you it's just you like the AHRH and Mid-west type dog and you take that side most of the time! I have never called you any names i am above that kind of thing guess your not!!and for last year I was only there 1/2 of one day how many people could I have meet most of the people I know in this sport I have meet in the last year so better luck with your slam of me next time.that is the sad thing some people can just make CRAP up and some people will believe it.AND there are kids that get on here so how about not CURSING!!! Or are you not above that either.
Jamie poe
Benton,KY
270/703/0949
Now you know my last name and maybe you can figure out who I am cause you must have me mixed up with somebody who talked to you last year cause I did'nt but I will when I see you this year.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Merv, you are 100% correct. There is no fair and just way to execute the SPO Nationals. We all know this, and it's always gonna be a case of "The majority rules". This is not AKC's fault - they gave us a set of rules to govern the trials, and a set of GUIDELINES (not rules) on how to bring back the best dogs. This is all up to the beaglers to govern themselves so that they don't twist those guidelines to create a one-dimensional dog and exclude the rest. It's been said over and over and over again, ACCOMPLISHMENT is the first priority, and everything else takes a back seat. Not that it isn't important...but it takes a back seat to accomplishment. Without it, style means nothing. The same cannot be said the other way around.

Why do we even need different federations if we are all running under the same set of rules and guidelines? Why? Somebody answer that for me. I'm not against ANY federation or association. They keep people involved in the sport, and involved with each other, and that's a win/win situation. I just want somebody to answer why we have different federations.

Post by Guest »

I will say this there have been some Mid-west dogs come to our club this year and they was some good dogs.Hills is correct there are good ones and bad ones in all formats.

jamie

Post by jamie »

last post was by me sorry i cant remember to put in my name (lol)

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

WOW!!!!!!! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SAY GOOD JOB BEV THAT WAS A GOOD POST I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Jamie wrote:Yes look at all my post! and not very many are negative.I did'nt take a shot at you it's just you like the AHRH and Mid-west type dog and you take that side most of the time!
Prove it. Prove that I "take their side." And if you can, why would I or anyone else have to defend them? What are we defending them against?
Now you know my last name and maybe you can figure out who I am cause you must have me mixed up with somebody who talked to you last year cause I did'nt but I will when I see you this year.
I already knew your last name. I know you didn't talk to me last year. I tried to talk to you but you brushed me off, so I made a point to remember your last name. I wanted to see of you acted the same way on the board and I wasn't surprised in the least. A quick search will get all of your posts in one place and tell how most of them come across. Here are the posts you've made in less than a week here:

can somebody give a run down on 15in bitches at south wind
Jamie Poe

Can we get an update? lookes like somebody could tell us what is going on with espo! This site is fine but lookes like they could tell us what went on with espo.

WHO ARE THE JUDGES? AND IS THE BRIDGE STILL OUT?

If you have not run under Tim Romine he is new to Judging he like a dog that can RUN like the wind so take your fast dogs cause he likes to run FAST, HARD and for a LONG time.(lol)

You told me you would call me after the trial thought you might have lost my number.270/703/0949
Jamie Poe

Can some body tell what is up with the espo sight???????
when will it be back going???????
why is it down???????
I mean this sight would be ok but looks like nobody is on here like they was the espo sight.I do thank Bev for geting us on here but would like to have all the espo people come on over and fill us in like they did on the other sight.
Jamie

My guess is that it is done for some reason no one will tell us what is up I am just proud to have this one but would like the espo back!!!
Jamie

If you would like to get ready for the NAT Owensboro will have a LIC trial April 6th and 7th butler county only 20 miles away will have a LIC trial on april 10th and 11th and then the NAT back at Owensboro on April 13th and 14th all 3 trials will bet part of the Purina triple challenge!!!!!!!
Judges for Owensboro will be from -GA-SC-IN-TN-KY-NC-MISS- IF YOU NEED INFO CALL JAMIE POE 270/703/0949

Hills not to sound like a smart --- but maybe you should inquire with AKC maybe this will help you. (Mel Stewart 256/796/2386 AKC rep)
post by Jamie

No the field trial secretary does not get the judges they are voted on at the meeting by the members that are there.

Leave it to Clyde (LOL)
dog2

How many dogs did the mid west put in the AKC (NAT) last year?
How many did they place?
Not saying they couldnt just saying there is not a big number of them.
And I am being told the papper work was sent to them and never sent back to AKC feild trial secretary.So looks to me like they dont like to be a part of it.

MAN who is in charge of the MID-WEST call THEM!!! I gave you Mel's number did you call him? you need to ask the people who can give you the answer not get on here and cry over sour grapes.

We should know by now Bev would take up for them, I dont think any of them should stay home they should all come to the (AKC Nat) and let the dogs do the talking!but then they will say it was the judges they only like slow dogs.Can anyone give me the answer to my other post!
How many dogs did the Mid-west enter last year??
how many did they place??

Yes look at all my post! and not very many are negative.I did'nt take a shot at you it's just you like the AHRH and Mid-west type dog and you take that side most of the time! I have never called you any names i am above that kind of thing guess your not!!and for last year I was only there 1/2 of one day how many people could I have meet most of the people I know in this sport I have meet in the last year so better luck with your slam of me next time.that is the sad thing some people can just make CRAP up and some people will believe it.AND there are kids that get on here so how about not CURSING!!! Or are you not above that either.
Jamie poe
Benton,KY
270/703/0949

WOW!!!!!!! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SAY GOOD JOB BEV THAT WAS A GOOD POST I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!

hOW DID YOUR DERBY FINSH ON SAT OR SUN

Mike did you get your pup's

Good you will be happy with them

TC

Post by TC »

Well One reason i can See that Not many midwest style Dogs have been entered is the judges...
just an Example here! I Entered a trial awhile back with a hound that is a little more Midwest style, the judge asked Who has the fastest dog here And When i piped up (Shoulda kept my mouth Shut) he said Good soon as i warm up he is the first up!!!!
Well he lived up to it I was the First one up!!! To my Satisfaction though After leading the pack for 35 min or More on One rabbit Which my Dog Jumped and led pretty much the front They didnt have another Race for the next Thirty min LOL and judged the Dogs to that point!!!!
was picked up For Runnin to far off the line!!!!!
now if this Dog was in the lead most of the time Who was to say he was to far off the line??
my Feeling was that he was just to FAST for them..
I have not entered this Dog again under that judge Either!!!
So Why Would I enter him in the Nats Knowing that he would get picked up For Runnin to fast!!!
I had 2 Dogs entered in the Nats last year under the Mid west Fed Style
Was asked what conf type they were so put em under Mid west as I was told that this was the Style Dogs they were....
One at 13 mo lasted until the end and was one of the last 3 down in the cast not brought back to fast I was told!!
Another female 13'class lasted till the end of her cast also one of the last left down not brought back TOO Fast Again.

This was the ONLY reason I was given for not staying Down TOO FAST!!!

So Again I will ask WHY would anybody Enter KNOWING that they Were Gonna get picked up to Start With!!!!! Before they Even Got there?
Seems to me that Most of the Judges there KNEW what they were after before they even Got Started!!!!!
Lot Of Mistakes were made like Calling Dogs Off a hot track Because the judges Jumped a Different rabbit!!!!!!!!30 yards away Where they were sitting on Horseback....

Seems to me IMHO that if a Dog takes Off and leaves the Pack behind BUT is on the line Doing it Correctly Shouldnt they be left Down??
Just because that Dog has more Foot or More Desire to overtake the Game than the other Dogs is that a reason to pick them up?
Shouldnt the OTHER hounds Be trying to make Some type of Effort to pack Up? Who is to Say they are not the faulty hounds?
Maybe they just Dont have the Nose to be able to track as well???
Or is it Desire? or HUNT?
OH Well This will just go on and on forever.
Some just cannot Fathom a Dog WANTING to Catch the Rabbit I guess!!!

Again JUST MY Opinion
I Do enjoy the UBGF Dogs and have one that I think Will do well...
I also have a Couple that Run ARHA LP and UKC (to fast for SPO) so i am Told LOL
Guess I just get to go to more trials and meet more Good people.
Wont get Stuck on ONE type Or STYLE of dog that way!!!!
TC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be