TRUCK DRIVIN BEAGLERS

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

merv

TRUCK DRIVIN BEAGLERS

Post by merv »

ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVERS AND IF SO HOW DO YOU FIND TIME TO RUN YOUR DOGS?

DENNIS WILSON----MERV

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

i am a driver,and that is the hardest thing for me to do.
then when i get home,i try to run all, so the solo time anit real great
then if i want to spend time with the kids i got to take them but i am really
lucky the kids dont mind much,they will sit down and play anywhere,their drewing maps in the dirt and asking a 1000 question,gives me the time to
teach them alittle about the outdoors and the way of life hope this helps,frank

bigdog1

Subject

Post by bigdog1 »

Merv,
It is hard to train hounds and drive across the road. If you get a job driving local, its not so bad. Its not a good life to move into either. The life of a trucker is stressful. People don't relize what they go through. They think that they just jump in and drive. It total defensive driving all the time. Your average Joe will show you no respect. On the other hand, there are alot of goofs that drive trucks to that NEVER show respect for other people on the highway. Its very hard on a family to. My father just retired with 54 years on the road. As a kid, it was hard at times like at parents night when only my Mom would be there. My father never saw me play a high school sport, as he was never home. You can make big money though driving over the road. You will also spend alot out there to. Most dispatchers are the biggest liers you'll ever deal with to. Good luck in your search for new employment.
Scott

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I have felt the need to drive a truck across the country one time I would love to do that but just that one time would be enough for me you have a hard job I can see where it would be hard on the home life.

Post by Guest »

ACTUALLY I JUST BECAME A FULL TIME STUDENT AT THE RIPE YOUNG AGE OF 37. MY BEST FRIEND ON THE OTHER HAND IS GOING INTO TRUCK DRIVING. HE HAS A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY NOW AND CONSTRUCTION HAS COME TO A HALT IN MICHIGAN. HE HAS A BAD BACK AND REALLY CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT DRIVE. HE IS GOING TO GET RID OF HIS DOGS BECAUSE HE SAID HE WONT HAVE TIME FOR THEM. I JUST WONDERED HOW SOME OF YOU GUYS MANGED TO DRIVE AND HAVE DOGS.

MERV

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

maybe he can find somebody to run them for him part of the time I wrokdays and night it is hard for me to I get Tim Rudd to run mine for me most of the time he only charges $3.00 a day that is how I do it hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

I THINK HE WILL BE KEEPING A COUPLE OF THEM AND IF I HAVE TIME I CAN HELP HIM OUT, BUT I DONT KNOW FOR SURE HOW MUCH TIME I WILL HAVE.

MERV

stavemillbeagles

Re: TRUCK DRIVIN BEAGLERS

Post by stavemillbeagles »

my wife and kids take care of and run my dogs while im gone im pretty lucky my whole family loves the beagles and they love to listen to them run
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

flash

Post by flash »

Much respect for the truck drivers I drive 100 miles and can't keep my eyes open .
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser

thornie

Post by thornie »

You think truckdriving is bad here, you should try driving in Europe. I was in the military for 9yrs. and 8 of those were in Germany or France. I belonged too transportation companies. The one in Germany we hauled ammo, the one in France we hauled fuel, JP4 jet fuel, gas and diesil. They don't give a hoot about speed, weather conditions or you the other driver.
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

My hats off to you guys that can handle it I did it for awhile over the road and I hated being out all the time really stresses family life, well what family life I was on the road from sunday night till the following saturday morning
The only job I ever quit without having another to go to, never had time to run but at time needed to feed the family so you do what u have to do, stress is crazy read that only 5 percent of new driving school drivers stick with it now that should tell you something
SO I RESPECT YOU GUYS DOING IT
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

I was a Beagler long before I started driving truck and when I started Field Trialing I was home on weekends but for the last four years I run over the road and am gone most weekends. My wife runs the field trials now and I train when I'm home. I only have 10 more years and i retire...........................I hope. :roll:
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

dk steve

Post by dk steve »

I just started driving a truck over the road and I have been away from home a month. I own thirty beagles and none of them have been ran for a month. I managed to get two casts of 6 of them out today before it got to hot. I am hoping to get more of them out tomorow and Saturday before I go out for another 4 - 6 weeks. I haven`t worked in about a year and a half so they are used to being ran a lot. I know now that a truck driver lives in his truck and dosn`t have time for much of any thing else. That is why its easy to find a job as a over the road driver, nobody wants to do it. I guess my dogs will just get fat and I will work all I can when its hot and hope to be home more in the winter when you can go outside without sweating and killing your dogs. :D
keep em runnin your friend in the bluegrass
steve

hillbillyridgerunner

Re:

Post by hillbillyridgerunner »

Guest wrote: MY BEST FRIEND ON THE OTHER HAND IS GOING INTO TRUCK DRIVING. HE HAS A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY NOW AND CONSTRUCTION HAS COME TO A HALT IN MICHIGAN. HE HAS A BAD BACK AND REALLY CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT DRIVE. MERV

i really advise your friend to do something else because i promise you trucking driving is HORRIBLE on your back. sometimes i just about have to roll outta the seat to get out of the truck.

Keystone Kid

Re: Re:

Post by Keystone Kid »

hillbillyridgerunner wrote:
Guest wrote: MY BEST FRIEND ON THE OTHER HAND IS GOING INTO TRUCK DRIVING. HE HAS A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY NOW AND CONSTRUCTION HAS COME TO A HALT IN MICHIGAN. HE HAS A BAD BACK AND REALLY CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT DRIVE. MERV

i really advise your friend to do something else because i promise you trucking driving is HORRIBLE on your back. sometimes i just about have to roll outta the seat to get out of the truck.
Amen to that
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com