dog food ?

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Reemus

dog food ?

Post by Reemus »

I was wondering if Eukanuba dog food is really worth the price? I'm going to change feed brands and if it really is good stuff I don't mind paying but, if it doesn't produce superb results then I would appreciate some feed brand suggestions. I feed nutro max dog food now. thank you.

joe kaschak

Post by joe kaschak »

Reemus, what don't you like about the nutro?? I feed Nutro high energy and have had no problems with it. It is a little pricy at 32.00 for 40 lbs but seems to be good stuff. I also mix cooked beef livers or chicken livers or turkey meat in with it.
Joe Kaschak

reemus

Post by reemus »

Well, it was fine while I was running my dogs once a week. As I started to run them more often like 3 to 4 times a week they didn't seem to retain their weight. I increased their intake and it still didn't work. I worm them once a month and don't see any indications of worms. I have been told not to use any food with less than 20 percent fat if I run them four times a week. thanks for replying and reading.

Rabbit Huntin Fool

Post by Rabbit Huntin Fool »

I feed Eukanuba.If you run your dogs that often get the Premium Performance Bag with the Beagle on the front of the bag. Its 30/20 and its great for harder running dogs and areas where its cold as long as plenty of water is given..This will help keep weight on and have energy for all day hunts and stool is cleaner..When you run less or dogs put on wieght switch to the Small to Medium Breed Maintenance Formula..Its expensive but I only keep 3 to 4 hounds..
Rabbit Huntin Fool
Maryland