AKC judges question

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

AKC judges question

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Here a while back AKC came out and said that if you were an AKC judge they would not allow you to judge in another registry(or something to that effect). I was wondering if that was still the case or if they finally woke up and figured out how stupid that is!
Up until that time I was considering trying to get to a judges seminar to get my AKC liscense but I judge in other registries and will not give up that right just to get an AKC liscense.
Crane Creek Kennels

TC

Post by TC »

t The last BOD meeting they changed it to read That if you are EMPLOYED in another registry you cannot Judge
here is a link to the Story it was on the AKC site under news

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/board_minutes/0107.pdf

The Judging Conflict of Interest Policy was amended, with the prohibition on AKC judges, judging non-AKC events removed. The full policy now reads:
Judging Conflict of Interest
“No AKC judge may have a significant interest in a dog registry or dog event-governing organization deemed by the AKC Board to be in competition with TheAmerican Kennel Club. Significant interest would include, but not be limited to ownership of, employment by, a directorship in, and holding office in.”

So get to that Seminar Aaron We could you your experience and Common Sence!!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be