thorn gap & others

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

scootersjill

thorn gap & others

Post by scootersjill »

anybody have info on these dogs thorn gap badjack,thorngap jane,thorngap dark ralph
triple c shaker, farlers k buck,deerpark ike and spike. what style dogs are these appreciate
any info.
skillet creek jammin jill RIP
skillet creek suzie Q
D-N-J"s Hammerin Hannah
Mike's Sunrise Scooter

John Taylor

Re: thorn gap & others

Post by John Taylor »

All medium speed dogs with Hunt and line control.

scootersjill

Post by scootersjill »

10-4 i have a male that is pretty much linebred shorts, hickory hills,thorn gap, deer park
had female litter mate let her go :bash: should have kept her she was medium speed,
great line control, good jump dog with chop mouth about 12 in. male is slow to upper
slow l.o.l. good jump excellent nose line control he is 41/2 raised him from 2 months
catches a lot of flack over speed. guys around here say he messes there pups up when
first startin :shock: :shock: . does that make sense :???: :???: :???: :-o :-o
skillet creek jammin jill RIP
skillet creek suzie Q
D-N-J"s Hammerin Hannah
Mike's Sunrise Scooter

Darrell Bordeaux

Post by Darrell Bordeaux »

I own some dogs out the Thorn Gap lines like the others said good line control and lots of hunt . I tend to like to hunt mine during the summer months because #one they are mostly the 13 inch dogs which can get in to the thick stuff and #secondly they tend to hunt with me and not in the next section don't get me wrong if I stand around and let them range out they will. They just don't get through the deep snow as well as my northern breed dogs (Colby Hill/Branko ).I do also run them on snow shoe hair (Thorn Gap line )they do a nice job just tend to not push the hair out so far. More like a large cottontail circle. Ware as the Colby Hill/ Branko dogs push the hair out of hearing or tend to push the cottontail to a hole. Which reminds me I tend to get out the Thorn Gap dogs on those days the faster dogs tend to hole up the rabbits quickly( cottontail ) if I want to eat some Rabbit. I am lucky to have some nice fast hounds and some not so fast hounds. It all depends on what you like me I like them both. :D

Paul Thurmond

Post by Paul Thurmond »

Is thorn gap still breeding dogs? I remember a lemon and white stud that was avertised in H and H back in the mid 90's. He was a beautiful dog. I always wanted to breed my Rosie dog to him.

Paul Thurmond