flat creek & brinsky

espomagazine members: a place to gab and keep in touch until the other site's issues are resolved.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

scootersjill

flat creek & brinsky

Post by scootersjill »

what style dogs come from this blood on average.
skillet creek jammin jill RIP
skillet creek suzie Q
D-N-J"s Hammerin Hannah
Mike's Sunrise Scooter

hendro18

Re: flat creek & brinsky

Post by hendro18 »

Good hunt and descent speed around a 4-5 on foot. If you like Medium-lower Med speed dogs and like Hunt and Grit they have enough of all these. And if you run that speed and are on the fence about getting one, i would suggest trying one out you will probably like them. They just aren't track burners lol!

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

I dont agree with the speed....I would say medium to upper medium speed...excellent nose, hunt, brains...bottom....go check em out and see for your self...good line...very good line of hounds.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I agree with Joe, Upper medium to medium. I have one here now that is more upper medium to a step above and have seen some at trials here in NY that are a step to a half step above medium....DH

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

yes , upper medium . I have a tank bred female PP R Champion, runs on the front in Progressive pack, and has been in two Little pack trials with one cast win and 8th overall. The bottom side Blue Sly & Larsen breeding helps her I'm sure.
Big Mike

scootersjill

Post by scootersjill »

Not been on here in awhile.was just wonering about them, I have a 2 yr.old male out of a flat creek , tank bred male and my bad cliff , scooter bred female he has been runnin since about 9ths. old. he has plenty of hunt ,good nose would have to rate him about a 7 on speed.
skillet creek jammin jill RIP
skillet creek suzie Q
D-N-J"s Hammerin Hannah
Mike's Sunrise Scooter

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

I have seen Runem Over Tank,, way back in the late 1990's run at the Progressive Pack,, US Championship. He won the Fld.Ch. Class That year running against Mr.George Blaines,, Cookie hound.. It was a tie the first Cast, they has to run additional Time.. He was a bigger stronger hound and got the win.. He, "Tank" was also an AKC Field Champion,, mighty nice hound,, ran at least 7 in speed..

Daddy Rabbit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Almost every flatcreek(tank) breeding I saw run was med plus speed. I say 6 to 7 on speed. Even ran once with charlie fronsire(forgive my spelling) he had tanks father flatcreek joshua, small male,but med plus, one tough dog. He hunted him hard,than ran a trial on weekend.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

High ridge joe, are you running willow run /wiercreek dogs? If so, pm me . Need some info

DAN LANG

Post by DAN LANG »

.....pretty sure he isn't...but shoot me an email..and I will send you his addresss.......DAN

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

speed 5 to 7 nice dogs bet you like the mix with the cliff blood should make you a nice pup

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I run a much footier dog from Large Pack on Hare and Mid-West S.P.O. breeding but have had the opportunity to watch half a dozen U.B.G.F. trials here in middle and east Tn.and many of those trialers also run dogs on the same running grounds as I do.
I guess everything is relative to what you keep,run and are used to but I haven't seen ANY of those dogs run at what I would call a 7 on foot speed.I'd call them a true "medium" speed at around a 5 with some a tad slower and others maybe a tad quicker but not much.
I had a beagling buddy some years back that had money and was buying dogs left and right.Every time he heard that someone had a "fast" dog he'd have to go get them or try them out. Guys would tell him"they're just too fast for my pack".Many of these dogs were of that breeding.
We'd take them out with our dogs and they couldn't even begin to stay in the race! They actually would get "lapped" as they wouldn't pick up their heads and get to the other dogs.
Not saying one type is any better than another,just what you like.But keep in mind that a "7" foot speed hound to a U.B.G.F. trialer is NOT the same thing to folks that prefer a much quicker hound.
As always,JMHO.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

well i seen them slow like you say but been quite few years bck couple of them won a couple large pack trials in the northeast i was at one of them were not slow at that trial but most are slower than i prefer. like yourself prefer blue ninja shaker stuff and also like mountain man bred hounds from john monkmans stock. with that said they can run the pee out of a cottontail wont yawn watching and listening maravic or monks line.