fellow beagler needs your prayers

This is a special place for those requesting thoughts or prayers. Better to have them all in one place than to have one or two get lost in the quicker moving forums.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Kevin Dowell

fellow beagler needs your prayers

Post by Kevin Dowell »

Guys,

I took a fall of a deck about 10-12 ft high and fractured and dislocated my hip. Had surgery about 2 weeks ago and seem to be doing ok. I have been running my dogs religiosly for the past 6 months at least 4 to 5 times a week to get ready for the upcoming season. the doc says that i can not bend my knee for 6 weeks or put any weight on my leg for at least 12 weeks.This means i will not walk without the aid of crutches until about the first of January, so i will miss most of rabbit season.

Before this happened, my wife and i seperated about 6 months ago and we have two absolutely beautiful children, a girl 8 and a boy 4.

It seems like the dogs were a way for me to get out away from it all and have a little piece of mind, a release you might say after our seperation. I also used this time to seek the Lord's advice on what it is that he would have me to do about my marriage. We are now talking about trying to work it out, and i would like for all you fellow christians to keep my wife and i in your prayers. I made a promise before God and to her........... "for better or worse" and i intend to keep it!

Sincerly, Kevin

The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs!

Rabbithoundjb

Re: fellow beagler needs your prayers

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Kevin I sure hope things work out for you buddy. Family is important and time is on your side. You will be back running before you know it. Perspective and patience buddy. Take care and good luck.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I flew out a car window during a wreak one time and landed in the middle of the highway and only got a bump and a scratch, was then I knew the Lord had a plan and a use for me, why was I not taken then?
Sometimes we are so busy trying to have things our way, we don't hear/listen to what the Lord has in store for us, so he sometimes has to "get our attention".
There is no pleasure in the cry of hounds when family is hurting and children's tears wet their pillow at night. I pray your family is reunited, who knows, maybe it is the prayers of your children being answered through these events. Marriage is liken to two boards joined from different wood, if the "bond" is tight and they work to "bend" together, their union is set and there's not much they can't weather together...The testing of the fiber only makes the bond stronger I've found, the things you work at the hardest are the things that make you most proud.
The importance of family always hung on my grandmother's wall... ;)

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Kevin,
You will be in our prayers. If God brings you to it he will bring you through it. God Bless You.