request

This is a special place for those requesting thoughts or prayers. Better to have them all in one place than to have one or two get lost in the quicker moving forums.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

nb11

request

Post by nb11 »

Hi guys.
Today my wife found out she has stage one breast cancer. She is 36 years old and we have a young family and planned on having more. Please keep her and our family in your prayers. We have (what seems like) a mountain ahead of us and we are going to climb it. We need a lot of strength and courage.
Thanks for your time.
Nick
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

Emery

Re: request

Post by Emery »

Nick, I certainly will say a prayer for your wife (and you too). Stage 1 is a good sign and hopefully will give you the most options.

Take care,
Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

nb11

Post by nb11 »

found out today that it is, indeed, the fast moving cancer. They are moving quickly in scheduling the operation. However, it doesn't appear to have spread. They are going to check that when they operate. She will have a mastectomy in the coming weeks. She is in a great state of mind....very positive.
Thanks everybody.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

nb11

Post by nb11 »

I recognize and respect the fact that not all stories turn out positive, and I am sorry to those whose stories have a bad ending.

Thankfully, our story is working towards a good ending. My wife had her surgery today. They did a mastecomy and removed lymph nodes for biopsy. the cancer did not spread beyond her breast. So it appears that she won't have chemo or radiation and that after reconstruction surgeries, she will be done.

Thanks everybody.

bunnyslyr24

Post by bunnyslyr24 »

Great to hear some good news for a change. Will continue to pray for your family.
"IF IT CAN'T BRING IT TO THE GUN IT AIN'T GETTIN' IT DONE!!!

Jonathan Gibson

Post by Jonathan Gibson »

WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS WHICH STRENGTHENS US.....