Please say a prayer for my younger brother Mike.

This is a special place for those requesting thoughts or prayers. Better to have them all in one place than to have one or two get lost in the quicker moving forums.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagleman63

Please say a prayer for my younger brother Mike.

Post by Beagleman63 »

My younger brother Mike was just recently diagnosed with stage four cancer. It's called Non Small Cell Adenocarcenoma. He has five tumors and it's a very rapid growing form of cancer. Please keep him in your prayers! Thank you very much! Bill Ennis.

paducahky1

Re: Please say a prayer for my younger brother Mike.

Post by paducahky1 »

will do !
never met a horse that couldnt be rode or a man that couldnt be throwd

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

Remember, God is the Great physican........He can do ALL things !!!
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

chevyrebel2000

Post by chevyrebel2000 »

prayers sent
LC KENNEL

HOME OF.......

LPRCH Colleys Virginia Gabe
3rd place 2009 Virginia State Hunt
LCS Rebel Runnin Dolly
LC'S Moonshine Mandy 100% branko ( will be trialed fall 2012) RIP

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Tim Croley

Post by Tim Croley »

prayer sent
Mountain Ash Beagles

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

It's been almost three months since I made this posting. The Doctors decided to attack Mike's cancer as aggressivly as possible, and he went through radiation treatments 5 days a week, and chemo once a week since he was diagnosed. I personally took him to almost every treatment. I watched him go from a strapping 6'3" 240 lb man, to less than 160 lbs. He could no longer eat and had to have a feeding tube put in about halfway through his treatments. He lost his voice completely. It just killed me to see him so sick. He was dieing. I began to do something I was never very big on. I began to pray. Mike's not just my brother, he's my best friend. Always has a big smile for everyone, and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it. I could not and still can't believe the attitude he's had. From day one he said he'd beat it. That God just wasn't ready to take him yet. Well, the Doc says it seems as though Mike's tumors have shrank tremendously, and they have decided to stop the radiation treatments. He only has four more chemo treatments left, and he can talk again! I watched him eat a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup a few days ago. He said he's never tasted anything so good! He's on the rebound, and is going to be around longer than we thought!!! Mike has taught me a lot through all of this. He thanked me everyday for taking him to his treatments.Said he didn't know what he'd do without me. I am the one that needs to thank him. Thank him for opening my eyes! Life is to precious to waste worrying over stupid things. I've burned a few bridges in my time that I wish I could repair, and have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why I should be mad at people that upset me. No More!!! I now start my day off thanking God for what I have. I will try not to look at the bad, and instead cherish the good. Thank you my Brother! I love you!

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

I would also like to thank everyone here for the many prayers and the concern you've shown through these difficult times! :D

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

Kenny VanHoose wrote:Remember, God is the Great physican........He can do ALL things !!!
Boy, Ain't that the truth!!! :D

kybeagler

Post by kybeagler »

Good to hear this and God can do great things.

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

Bad news.....Mike has developed a new tumor at the base of his skull and is back in the hospital. He is literally in agony with the pain. It hasn't responded to radiation. He can't eat anything orally and even with a feeding tube, nothing will stay down. He needs to take a positive turn here shortly! Please, I believe in the power of prayer...Say another prayer for Mike!!! Thanks in advance, Bill.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

When the shadows weigh me down, thy hand lifts me up.
When my foot stumbles, you carry me on.
My faith unwavering, I rejoice in your promise.

In Christ, we are all brothers and in Him, we are all His children. His pain is great when we suffer, the same as we feel for one another. He, "The Eternal" tasted death that we may live.

The prayers of your brothers and sisters are with Mike and your family.
As my father-inlaw told me, "God will sustain me until my purpose is complete and I'm called to be with Him".
It sounds like your brother is a great man also...
May you have many more days together... :nod:

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

More prayers and healing thoughts are on the way! Hang in there friend, and be strong for your family.
With God, all things are possible!

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

Bill We will keep on believing and praying for Mike! The Lord is still in the miracle business!
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

randy hicks

Post by randy hicks »

Bill,your brother is so lucky to have you for a brother.taken him to his Dr. appt. and helping him through these tuff times isnt easy for no one,Be strong ole buddy.talk to you soon or maybe send you text that could make you laugh.Randy