Lost My Sister...Dedicating My Kennel

This is a special place for those requesting thoughts or prayers. Better to have them all in one place than to have one or two get lost in the quicker moving forums.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Load Em Up

Lost My Sister...Dedicating My Kennel

Post by Load Em Up »

Seven and a half years ago, my 24 year old sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Since the doctors had misdiagnosed her 5 years earlier, the cancer had spread literally everywhere. She was given 3 months to live. What the doctors didn’t factor into their time estimate was her will to live. She went through trial drugs, dozens of surgeries, and more poking and proding than anyone should have to endure. She put up one heck of a battle, but we lost Tammy in June of this year, over 7 years passed their estimate.

The last time I spent with Tammy was at my house while she loved on my new litter of beagle pups. At the time of her death, I was designing my kennel logo and wanting to have tshirts made as a symbol of finally establishing what I had worked so long to create. The logo itself was designed in memory of Tammy, using some of her favorite things. The picture below is the final design. I have increased my order and put these shirts up for sale as a way of spreading my sisters story. Any money I collect from the sales, after cost for printing is paid, will be donated to Susan G. Komen to help fight breast cancer.

Having my kennel name on the front of the shirt, I don’t expect another beagler to be interested in purchasing one. However, you are welcome to. This post is more of a way to share her story. I welcome any questions, or comments to her story or the design itself.

As a police officer, I am often told that I play the role of a hero. I strongly disagree with those statements. My sister was the hero.

No matter how she felt, no matter what news she got, Tammy always had a smile on her face.

This is the back of the shirt. Front has dog and breast cancer ribbon butterfly on left chest with my kennel name.

Thank you for reading.
BooMan Beagles: Bred to run rabbits and look good doing it.