looking for rifle

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

gfedor

looking for rifle

Post by gfedor »

Looking for a 7rem mag and or 35 whealen

gfedor

Re: looking for rifle

Post by gfedor »

I'm still looking. Rem 760 carbine would be perfect.
There has to be somebody on this site who has one for sale, or a friend or uncle etc. Mine was stolen some years back, and I'm getting back into deer hunting

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

TTT,
A nice rem 7600 carbine would suit me find.
In 270 or 30 06

Bowguy

Post by Bowguy »

This is an older post but you’re all over imo. A 7mm mag and 35 Whelen have very different characteristics and are best suited for two totally dif things.
A 270 and 30/06 are pretty similar but again near neither of your first two calibers.
What exactly do you wanna use the gun for is a question you should consider.
From there if caliber isn’t a major consideration at least you’ll have an idea where to start.
A long range flat shooting gun like a 7mm mag, a mid range gun like an 06, etc.
Now if I was gonna do it all over, and I have more than a few rifles, I’d lean towards Sako.
If the price scares ya another gun to look at is a T3 Tikka.
An old 700 or Model 70 is good too but it’s gotta be older yet not beat up. Model 70s imo, and I mean to offend no one, their triggers are terrible but can be worked. That adds to cost

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

7mm for my clear cut long range gun. Remember 760 for my still hunting,tracking gun. Aware and education in both guns very well. Hunted out west in the past. Also getting back into my Maine deep tracking , so the rem 760 IMO is a perfect fit for tracking deee. Do you have any for sale? Or know of any?

Bowguy

Post by Bowguy »

Gotcha didn’t realize you were looking on two dif guns.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Say, I bet that Bowguy knows that a 270 & 306 were the same Brass, just Necked for .27 cal. bullet. Yep,was invented in 1906 .

D.R.!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia