KELTEC PMR 30

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hare Chaser

KELTEC PMR 30

Post by Hare Chaser »

For those of you who might have one of these hand guns how do you like it?

Pro's and con's?

Anyone ever shot a coyote with one? If so how deadly was it?

are you happy with it?

BCBeagles

Re: KELTEC PMR 30

Post by BCBeagles »

Had one for a couple years...shot at several yotes with it.....once broken in properly....great gun...still own it and it won't leave...lol.

Perfect for carry for the hounds....exactly what I got it for. Very accurate when you practice with it.

I would highly recommend it. I shoot 40grain FMJ out of it....they shoot over 2,000 feet per second would definitely kill a yote if hit in the vitals.

I have shot it off a objects in a pond...safely of course....at ranges of 200 plus yards....just to see accuracy.

Example...shot at a clump of grass on the pond edge...hit within 3 ft of it multiple times.

I am very happy with mine.....GOOD LUCK!!

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Haven't shot mine a lot yet but really like it so far. Wonderful gun to carry very light. Barely know you're even carrying it. Like the fact that you have 30 rounds available also!

Wild Ridge

Post by Wild Ridge »

Got a question for those that have one. I was told when loading the clip with 30 shell the pressure of the force to put in over 20 would start bending the shell trying to compress the spring. Is this correct ?

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Wild Ridge wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:15 pm
Got a question for those that have one. I was told when loading the clip with 30 shell the pressure of the force to put in over 20 would start bending the shell trying to compress the spring. Is this correct ?
I have not had that problem. The last 5 bullets definitely press in harder. I really like mine and they are nearly weightless to carry. Pay attention to what they say about what ammo works best also. They're right! There are many good videos on YouTube from many different people with high praise for the gun.

Wild Ridge

Post by Wild Ridge »

Thanks Hare Chaser. I found one at Rural King for 399.00

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Wild Ridge....I put 20 in mine for a few days to loosen it up...that helped...but yes they are very tight initially.

I like 40 grain solids in mine...seem to cycle the best.