Combination guns - am I nuts?

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pgmrdan

Re: Combination guns - am I nuts?

Post by pgmrdan »

I hope you're right Denny. I bought a box of shells today and plan on testing it out tonight. If all goes well I'm buying some more shells tomorrow.

The gun is tight. It's not been used much at all. It's not a 'new in box' type of gun but it's got character without showing any signs of abuse. It has been taken care of very well.

dave5050

Post by dave5050 »

every now and then i still use a stevens model 311 16ga. double.it has the tenite stock(plastic).its pretty light with the plastic stock but its a little barrel heavy on balance.

pgmrdan

Post by pgmrdan »

Last night I bought a Savage 24S-E combination gun in .22LR/20ga. It's from the 1970's and looks pretty nice from the pictures on gunbroker.com and the description in the emails. I should get it in a week or so.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =107265260

That will be my squirrel gun and the Stevens 94C 16ga will be my rabbit gun.

Now I just need to work with my dog some more and we should be ready for hunting this Fall!

Life is good!!!

Ed Brown

Post by Ed Brown »

I have a 22LR over 410, Stevens and also a 22mag over a 20ga, both nice rifles, the only thing I see wrong is that they are quite heavy, slings are recommended on both.