Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jfields

Post by jfields »

Last edited by jfields on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breed Em Good & Run Em Hard
http://shadywoodzkennels.tripod.com/index.html
James Fields
Home.304 426 - 5005
Cell....304 785 -1003

wvduece

Re: mauser98

Post by wvduece »

i dont know bout the mouser 98 but i talked to remington about their sythnetic stocks they told me i wouldnt have to do anything to the stock just drop my action n barrel right into the new synthnetic stock n go with it im shure somebody on here will give ya a better answer, when ya coming over to run again i might try to come up when ya do n run some with ya jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Re: mauser98

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Should be a drop in fit or pretty darn close to it. At the most alls you would need is a file or dremmel tool if there were any tight spots. But most likely a drop in fit.
Take a look at the Fajen laminate stocks and there are other companies that make laminate stocks too that are really nice. You can get them finished or unfinished. As far as synthetic stcoks Ramline, Carbolite, Hogue, McMillan, HS Precision and others make after market synthetic stocks. Go to MidwayUSA website and that should be a good starting point. Once you have found the stock that fits your budget just google and price compare. Check ebay too. Many times you can steal stocks on that site.
My personal preference in synthetic is HS Precision but they are a little pricey...but not as high as McMillan. Butler Creek, Ramline, etc. are bread and butter companies and sell good but cheaper priced stocks.

jfields

Post by jfields »

Breed Em Good & Run Em Hard
http://shadywoodzkennels.tripod.com/index.html
James Fields
Home.304 426 - 5005
Cell....304 785 -1003