model 94

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wvduece

model 94

Post by wvduece »

any of you guys ever seen a model 94 in a 410 caliber a friend of mine told me he baught one here awhile back i never even heard of a 410 in a model 94 guess ya could get one in a 45 lc but he said it was a 94 shotgun jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

stavemillbeagles

Re: model 94

Post by stavemillbeagles »

if your talking about a winchester model 94 i never heard of it but winchester did make a lever action 410 model 9410 that might be what he was talking about
hope this helps
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

yes thats the one the model 9410 i know they quit making them got any idea what one is worth now in good condition say 95 % without the box
stavemillbeagles wrote:if your talking about a winchester model 94 i never heard of it but winchester did make a lever action 410 model 9410 that might be what he was talking about
hope this helps

stavemillbeagles

model 9410 traditional at 95% should be worth between $385-$450 subtract $50 w/o invector chokes
model 9410 traditional packer at 95% should be worth between $325-$385 subtract $50 w/o invector chokes
the 9410 traditional has a 9 shot tube mag
the 9410 traditional packer has a 5 shot tube mag
Chris & Yum Yum Wells

Haters Motivate Me!!

mountain mafia

Post by mountain mafia »

IS HE GONNA SELL IT? IF SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU DONT WANT IT. THANKS RICH YOWELL
HOME OF
LP GR CH B CH COLLEYS RED RANGER
GET YOUR GUN KING
GET YOUR GUN JUNE

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

im trying to get him to sell it to me he baught it to put up for his grandson so i doubt if i can get it but i have a nice male dog he has been wanting for a couple years ill let ya know if i get it he gave 500 bucks for the gun the store he got it from had it priced at 600 that was too much i think jb

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

If it was mine I wouldn't sell it, let alone for $500. That is a collector's piece and it's value is only going to go up, hang onto it till the economy snaps back a little and sell it for nearly twice that.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

It looks like it would sell for almost twice that already

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =113950846

stavemillbeagles

he asked what the gun was worth at 95% without the box i looked it up in the book and wrote what the book said it the value was. It looked to me the one on the website up for auction was new in new condition and came with the box so naturally the value would be more.The true value of a gun or anything for that matter is the most $ your willing to give.If i seen one around here for-sale that was 95% i would pay up to $500 but it maybe worth more or less to others. jmo
Chris & Yum Yum Wells

Haters Motivate Me!!

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

stavemillbeagles wrote:he asked what the gun was worth at 95% without the box i looked it up in the book and wrote what the book said it the value was. It looked to me the one on the website up for auction was new in new condition and came with the box so naturally the value would be more.The true value of a gun or anything for that matter is the most $ your willing to give.If i seen one around here for-sale that was 95% i would pay up to $500 but it maybe worth more or less to others. jmo
I agree 100% that the true value of a gun is the most $ your willing to give. I'm not surprised that the values you gave did come from the book but the book values don't take into account the collector values of that particular firearm. Winchester lever actions have gone up significantly in value since they were discontinued which is why they are selling for such high prices. I have seen several of the Winchester .410 levers sell for $1000 + in used condition, they are fairly desirable to collectors. Personally I don't get it because they don't really excel at anything better than a pump or O/U but they are neat, I have a Marlin .410 lever that I won't part with just because I like it. I just wanted to point out that that particular firearm was worth a fair sum of money already and it's value is only going to go up.