What's the ultimate rabbit gun

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

skydog

What's the ultimate rabbit gun

Post by skydog »

In your opinion of course! I'm leaning toward a Remington 870 in 20 gauge and would probably shoot 6's maybe 4's.

Freeman Beagles

Re: What's the ultimate rabbit gun

Post by Freeman Beagles »

Any 20ga because shells are cheeper than 410ga. Shotgun I like is 20ga Charles Daily (Don't mine getting it scrached up). Favorate is Browning Buckmark .22 auto. Lots of fun putting down about as many rabbits as a big bore gun. No. 4s is a little large for rabbits, I use 7 1/2 or 6 when using my 20 ga.

tdog

Post by tdog »

I just found a tristar 28 guage that weighs 4.8 lbs. I think I am going to order one soon. Fiber optic sight, light and two chokes to choose from while hunting.... Over unders are cool.. about 550 not to bad.... Shell are a little more but worth it to not carry all that weight....

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I use my Charles Daly 20ga light weight 90% of the time with # 6 shot. Gun didn't cost much but it handles and shoots good and I don't mind going in the rough stuff with it.

ARUSH70HALF

Post by ARUSH70HALF »

If you like semi auto the Franchi AL 48 is a very nice weapon,light (5.5 lbs) in 20ga not to bad pricey around 700.00 new can find one now and then in pawn shops 250.00to 450.00.I really like mine.(both of them)

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

remington 100 special field with the 21 in barrel or the 1187 premier upland special ... either one in 20 gauge..

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Benelli M2 black synthetic, 26 inch barrel. Shoots unbelievable and always worth darn near what you pay for them due to there solid construction. Great all around gun with little to no recoil and jump. My 7 year old shot a goobler this year with it at 25 yards with 3 inch mags, needless to say it didn't flop long!! :D

PrideHillKennel

Post by PrideHillKennel »

Something short, light, easy to carry and shoot.
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

20 Gauge pump gun. Hard to beat...although I'm partial to a 16 gauge as well.

502hunter

Post by 502hunter »

The shells are high, but I'm pretty partial to my single shot 410. Keeps me on my toes as far as aim and its extremely light weight.

mtthwvn73

Post by mtthwvn73 »

I like a model 12, but I haven't been able to afford another one that is less than full choke. For the time being I've been using a Browning Gold 20 gauge.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

PrideHillKennel wrote:Something short, light, easy to carry and shoot.

Not sure if it is the ultimate , but i love my T/C 410 . fun to hunt with, and also makes it easy to handle dogs.
Big Mike

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Charles Daly 28 gauge semi automatic synthetic stock.Light weight shoots good and affordable
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

I shoot a Ruger 10/22, slightly modified. Ive got an blue anodized aluminum barrel, a volquartsen trigger, a Nikon 150BDC scope set up for .22 rifles, and a Blue composite Stock. The whole gun maybe ways 3 lbs, 4lbs with a 25 round clip. Looks sweet and shoots even sweeter!!! I originally started hunting rabbits with a .22 because I didnt liek to clean rabbits, so I didnt mind missing. After about 3 weeks of hunting with it I became pretty proficient with it. It also made me a pretty good shot on coyotes, I dont like to toot my own horn but I can kill a coyote with the best of them. I have probably shot close to 150 coyotes in the last 10 years. Shotguns are for animals that fly not animals that run!!! Buy a .22 and you wont go back to a scatter gun!! And yes I hunt some very gnarly timber.

ackerhunter4life

Post by ackerhunter4life »

single shot 410
brian ackerman