Deer In Running Pen

Post pics, questions, and helpful tips for your fellow beaglers here. Be sure to mention in what part of the country and terrain you live.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

Deer In Running Pen

Post by Budd »

I may be building a pen in Indiana and have a question for those that deer hunt in their pens, do you make a lowered section in the fence for them to enter?

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: Deer In Running Pen

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

For the last few years the Old Does will jump over inside my Starting Pens and have their Fawns,, one year there were twins and they little fools will not jump out until they get about 6 or 8 months old ! I just put my T.T's on the pups and train them to run rabbits and the Deer's are a No-No !!

I have had to let the gap down and take my Jack Russel and Lad, inside the Starting pen and Run them out side.. I live way back in the wood more deer around here than rabbis.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

I have does with fawns in my pen and deer beading in it. A deer can easily jump a 6 foot fence.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

dhoundman

Post by dhoundman »

their is chemical that makes deer not want to eat flowers you may try that . but I am thinking getting a big dog that like to chase deer and train him not to chase rabbits by a training collar. any big dog would probably work just put his dog house in the pen and leave him their. it either that or just put in a potato gun that trips every time the deer jump the fence. it works great in the garden. you can goggle how to make them. lot of either way.