Best tractor/attachments

Post pics, questions, and helpful tips for your fellow beaglers here. Be sure to mention in what part of the country and terrain you live.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mybeagles

Best tractor/attachments

Post by mybeagles »

Will be build a 40 acre enclosure this summer. Most is big timber so much work to do. About 5 acre grassy field. Soil is sandy and in Wisconsin. Once some trees are cleared what are first priorities for planting....fall time frame. Thoughts on hinge cutting, clear cutting vs select cutting. I was told with the sandy soil if you clear cut and remove all shade the sand will heat up in summer and nothing much will grow. Thoughts?

Will be buy a tractor to use for removing logs, firewood, putting up fence, mowing, planting, snow removal. Any recommendations on size, attachments, things to consider.

This is neat thread to read all of your comments and experiences.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

ericwaddle3

Re: Best tractor/attachments

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Have a 35hp New Holland and it does all I want it to. Bucket, box blade, bush hog, and wish I had a tiller for it.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Did you buy new.....how much do you have into it with attachments?
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

I bought a Kubota L2850 many years ago when I had just Retired, from my job with J & J Co. Best tractor that I have ever owned, it's a 4X4 with Bucket and man I can't be without that old tractor. I have several starting pens, and I fine they mighty handy now days as I have gotten too old to walk well anymore. I also have an old smaller Kubota with Back Hoe and loader. with the starting pens, I like them tractors to be smaller, yet 4X4 so I can get them in smaller spots, to work.

Good Luck with your big enclosure, I like clovers, the small Little White Dutch and Ladano are mighty good. Turnip seeds all types of Purple Top. Rape seeds. are good for wild rabbits. Now Spring is the time to be planting these seeds.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

I got it used. Have 10k in it.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil