water supply

Post pics, questions, and helpful tips for your fellow beaglers here. Be sure to mention in what part of the country and terrain you live.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

span870

water supply

Post by span870 »

Guys with pens, what do you guys use for water for rabbits. My pen is on a hill and very heavy limestone about 8 inches to a foot so a pond is out. Does not hold water at all.

rabbitatfarm

Re: water supply

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Rabbits get all the moisture they need from plants and dew. If you want a source, how about a kid's sliding saucer or plastic toboggan?

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I use a black rubber tub from Tracter Supply, only about 4 in. tall, I run my rabbits hard and make sure they have plenty of moisture during the hot, dry season. My trail cam shows that they use it.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

span870

Post by span870 »

Rcoff wrote:I use a black rubber tub from Tracter Supply, only about 4 in. tall, I run my rabbits hard and make sure they have plenty of moisture during the hot, dry season. My trail cam shows that they use it.
Thanks,
Bob
Do you have any problem them chewing it? I have one in my pen where i raise my redbacks and they destroyed it in two days.

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

I cut a 55gal plastic barrel in half the long way and buried it in the ground.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

dhoundman

Post by dhoundman »

what ever water supply you put out make sure that it get cleaned regularly

bartman357

Post by bartman357 »

Glen Johnston swears that a wild cottontail will die before they will drink from a water source, so I put a camera by my pond, in my 8 acre pen and they visit the waters edge regularly. But I haven't seen their tung in the water, so I'd give them water! Lol
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois