on the clock or not??????????

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

island ridge hounds

Re: on the clock or not??????????

Post by island ridge hounds »

in the field where the competition is already so thick you could cut it with a knife i feel and this of course is my own opinion that you would have to minuse the dog. if not your really asking for problems down the road. when you release your hound he belongs to the judge at that point so if the hound barks three times you have no alternative but to put him on the clock. it would upset people both ways. in different situation's no matter how you score the dog, do you really have to bring him to a hunt. lol :D
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

Doug G. wrote:Danny if what you said happened to you at the World with Blue Boy then you should have won. 2 checks beats 5 strikes on a tie because the most check points tie breaker comes before the most strike points tie breaker.

YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS,IT GOES.......

FEWEST MINUSES
MOST JUMPS
MOST STRIKES

I AM 99% SURE I AM RIGHT,IF NOT I STAND CORRECTED,BUT I KNOW,MOST STRIKES BREAKS IT BEFORE CHECKS.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

danny vansickle wrote:
Doug G. wrote:Danny if what you said happened to you at the World with Blue Boy then you should have won. 2 checks beats 5 strikes on a tie because the most check points tie breaker comes before the most strike points tie breaker.

YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS,IT GOES.......

FEWEST MINUSES
MOST JUMPS
MOST STRIKES

I AM 99% SURE I AM RIGHT,IF NOT I STAND CORRECTED,BUT I KNOW,MOST STRIKES BREAKS IT BEFORE CHECKS.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST CHECKED THE RULES DOUG,YOUR RIGHT,BLUE BOY SHOULD HAVE WON THE CAST,IT GOES FEWEST MINUSES,JUMPS,CHECKS,THEN STRIKES............

I GUESS IT PAYS TO CARRY A RULE BOOK OUT ON CASTS WHEN HANDLING TOO,I NEVER REALIZED THAT..........I GUESS YOU COULD SAY I TOOK ONE THERE,ONE OF THE JUDGES IS AS HONEST AS THE DAY IS LONG,THE OTHER,WELL,I DID NOT KNOW HIM,BUT FOUND OUT WHO HE WAS LATER ON IN THE WEEKEND,NOW THAT I THINK BACK,IT MAKES ME WONDER,HMMMMMM ;)
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

randy hicks

Post by randy hicks »

on the clock.

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

I have judged dogs and not put them on the clock for whining unless I have been told to. I was at a hunt at another club and was in a cast where a dog whined the intire cast when smelling an old track. This caused another dog to bark in to him and the other dog was minused out. The judge did judge the cast the same the whole time, but 1 dog minused out and 1 came close because they were barking going in to the whinning hound. That was a bad deal for the owners of those hounds. The best dog won, but the others were not given a good shot. The whinner didn't win, but he finished third, with no strikes and 1 check. Maybe I have to rethink the importance of striking a dog on first sound, not first bark. I wish ARHA would make a rule on this so there would be no questions. Either say when the dog makes an audible voice sound or 3 distinct barks.
I am game either way, I just like to runnem!
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

flash

Post by flash »

Danny you are so very right about being consistent . If the dog chirps at the first part of the cast and the judge lets it slide and then toward the end of the cast the dog chirps again this time the judge puts him on the clock . The dog draws a minus and the judges buddies dog wins by 5 points . :angryfire: :angryfire: wouldn't that fire you up :censored: :censored:
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser

Scott Green

Post by Scott Green »

Mouth is mouth.
Cant expect a judge that has never been around your dog to identify between good and bad barks. Most beagles have several different versions of their barks anyway when they open on a track.

The rules state that you cannot tell a judge how to score as a handler or spectator. So really you cant tell him not to score you dog, good or bad, for "chirping". Even if it is at the beginning of the cast.

beagles22

Post by beagles22 »

This is just me but if the dog had his nose on the ground and acting as if he was running a track then I would have put him on the clock... No if's or but's about it...If the dog was doing that and by accident jumped a rabbit I know that you would have wanted to be awarded a jump strike so if it opens it is scored in my book....