what do u think u need to be a winner in little pack

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS KENNEL

Re: what do u think u need to be a winner in little pack

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i wise trialer told me once rick you need 3 things to win these trials

1-good dog
2-good judge
3-good luck.
he said and it takes all three/.......
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Joe Parrino

Post by Joe Parrino »

Lamarr, check your PM inbox. thanks joe
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amen ... tm#amend02

babeagles

Post by babeagles »

guess the deeppockets and chapstick comments pissed somebody off sorry was a joke but since you are pissed off maybe it hit to close to home a lot of people run their dogs year round and drive all over the country !

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

i agree with jim 10000 percent the big swingers will eventually get beat by a tight dog it just takes a good tight dog to beat them
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Just tired of ppl putting down lp babeagles....yea there are shot dogs and politics in every format...nothin personal bro I like a good joke a good as the next guy
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Luck, jump, check and a fast starter i think a dog that can reach out in front of anything it runs with has a very good chance line control really dosent make any diff i run a nice reggie bitch in some lp trials and ive been in a cast whr we ran for 56 min and had 1 jump 4 checks 5 dogs and my bitch lead dang near the whole race every speed and drive only dog working the track at times she had 1 check the whole time lost to the dog that got the jump just how it goes! run little pack u b ready for anything saw little 12 in bitch cut heaven in half at the world and she made very far to around the top 10 champion class i woulda got rid of this dog it disregaurded the other dogs ran way away from them and chimed in when she felt like it and also got advanced in this cast the owner wouldent even try and catch her he said its a waste of time i will never catch her i mean i thot this dog should have been minused for pulling out of the check area but nope those were checks when the judges came back lol but i think a goood line control that runs rough with the other dogs and has alot of spee can win just has to be the right pack!
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

jumpNrun wrote:Luck, jump, check and a fast starter i think a dog that can reach out in front of anything it runs with has a very good chance line control really dosent make any diff i run a nice reggie bitch in some lp trials and ive been in a cast whr we ran for 56 min and had 1 jump 4 checks 5 dogs and my bitch lead dang near the whole race every speed and drive only dog working the track at times she had 1 check the whole time lost to the dog that got the jump just how it goes! run little pack u b ready for anything saw little 12 in bitch cut heaven in half at the world and she made very far to around the top 10 champion class i woulda got rid of this dog it disregaurded the other dogs ran way away from them and chimed in when she felt like it and also got advanced in this cast the owner wouldent even try and catch her he said its a waste of time i will never catch her i mean i thot this dog should have been minused for pulling out of the check area but nope those were checks when the judges came back lol but i think a goood line control that runs rough with the other dogs and has alot of spee can win just has to be the right pack!
Had they same thing happen to me at the last trial i was at...my hound had the trial won i thought and the gally thought but the judge it diff goes to show you thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes...
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

art

Post by art »

wfo's switch a gear .is what u need to win in lp. oh wait and akc midwest. get em big bopper

Dunbar Family Kennel

Post by Dunbar Family Kennel »

You need a lot of luck go your way. My 1st win came from a lot of luck. The dogs hammered the whole hour the judge called out that's the hunt a deer was bedded down in some tail grass it jump up my dog and another dog took after it. After almost getting shot and my dog almost getting shot me and the judge caught her,we get back to the truck the judge reads the score sheet and she won the cast she would go on to win the hunt. Talk about luck
Home of :
LP R CH D-D JET
LP R CH Branko's Whole Lotta Rosie
LP R CH LP B CH Mootry's OKla Pepper
Lp B CH Mt. View Macrae Beauty
Lp R CH Shenold's Sue
Lp B CH Caitie's Swamp Ghost Daisy

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

babeagles wrote:guess the deeppockets and chapstick comments pissed somebody off sorry was a joke but since you are pissed off maybe it hit to close to home a lot of people run their dogs year round and drive all over the country !
To bad it's the truth I AGREE 100 %.
TheJohnBirchSociety

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Iike the way u think Big Art...c'mon...

littlewoody what exactly u agreeing with??? Jus curious It's hot and I'm bored
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

babeagles

Post by babeagles »

SOME PEOPLE SAY YOU NEED FRIENDS WAS AT ONE HUNT WHERE I SAW A LITTLE RED CHAMPION FEMALE SMOKE A BIG NAME DOG LIKE A CHEAP CIGAR SHE DIDNT GET ANYTHING EVERYONE THERE SAW IT ALL INCLUDING THE BIG NAME DOGS OWNER IT WAS EITHER DEEP POCKETS, CHAPSTICK , POLITICS , OR FRIENDS, IT SURE WASNT THE DOG AND THATS WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FELT SORRY FOR THE OWNER HE RUNS HIS YEAR ROUND AND HAS REAL DOGS NOT SMOKE AND MIRRORS

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

I dunno about any chapstick, but in the first year of trialing lp, I made a lprch in 4 hunts. Got my win at the second hunt I entered.(mo state 71 opens). Believe that was the first time I met marple as he was one if the 2 judges in the final cast. Must have been my big name that give me the win! I agree on needin a lil luck. Some of the best performances I've seen had lower scores. I'd say if you want to win you need a good dog that will jump a rabbit. Has strong check power. And Chad Cordell as a judge cuz that wild man won't miss anything!!
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Vicious Kennels

Post by Vicious Kennels »

I judge little pack and get a big kick out of guys calling buddy judging at the end of every cast I am lucky to know which dog one until I talley the score heck I am lucky to be able to find the truck lol. Usually I say what collar color has one we all shake hands and then I ask who had that dog, when I judge I could care less who wins just as long as its the best dog the fun for me is to see if I sent the dog on that wins the hunt.

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Babeagles where this happen at
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels