PKC what if u could bring more then one dog

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TOPGUN

Re: PKC what if u could bring more then one dog

Post by TOPGUN »

Oh, ok...sorry Steve. I was thinking that was the area of his club.
Kevin Hall
Vandalia IL
I`m only on my computer about once a month!
If needed I am most likely in a local Briar Patch.
My Tracking collar # is(618)292-8794. Thanks

J.R Dunlap

Post by J.R Dunlap »

we could have already had 2 maybe 3 clubs start in our area
but because the clubs wouldn't make enough money they wont run
PKC.
we run pkc and love it at the end of the year we will vote and may only have pkc hunts but we will have to
have 20 hunts just to pay the bills then we end up with 4 and 5 dog hunts because other clubs have hunts to
i don't know what the answer is but sure wish we could do something but i think we will be a PKC only club
at the end of the year.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

How about this-Frank says that its no big deal to be at a hunt all day and wants to run more dogs? Why not schedule another hunt after the second one. You could do a 7am,11am,ans a 3pm. If 10 people showed up with 3 dogs each they could all run each dog in a seperate hunt and have a chance to get 3 wins rather than just one. The fact of entering all 3 in the same hunt simply means that only 1 of the 3 could get the win.
If a club did this and only drew 10 dogs for each hunt they would still make $150 for that day.($25 entry) I`ve done many little pack hunts and other than the big state hunts clubs DO NOT make any more than that amount. More like alot less when you figure all other expenses.
Kevin Hall
Vandalia IL
I`m only on my computer about once a month!
If needed I am most likely in a local Briar Patch.
My Tracking collar # is(618)292-8794. Thanks

Deron House

Post by Deron House »

The only thing I can say about PKC is; If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. As for the money we've been a beagle club for a little over a year now and we've never had a LP/ARHA hunt and the club vote was to never have them and were making money, and everybody that has came to the Scioto Valley Beagle Club seams to have a good time even running one dog.

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

Good points now i will address the question the best i can.1st we r not running the State hunt steve and his with and the pketon club is the 500 .00 added money is coming through donations from r club southestern ohio beagle club one of steves sponsors and i believe the piketon club who also runs another registered club i believe UKC. i do not believe this added money would be available without our clubs running other charters. I only know this to be true about r club. Again holding two or three hunts in one day would make the clubs more profitable but what happens at the world hunt when you have three dogs qualified. Roll your dogs and hold cast where you can handle them yourself. Just asking. And someone said if its not broke dont fix it. I am not trying to fix nothing just offering home improvements lol. Not trying to run anything like a business you can ask Todd huffman any money our club makes goes back to the beagler. R club purchased a 2200.00 dog trailer that went to the judge that judge the most rounds at the little world in 2010. I believe there were 7 judges tied and his named was drawed out of the hat. He was very pleased as would anyone. We drawed a second name for 500.00 cash money. I would trust another man taking my dog to the field and scoring lines just because i believe we have more honesty people then bad. And if i did not then i would just scratch my dog which i have never done. I have come back a winner this way as much as me handling my own dog. Not trying to change anything and one dat would like to be 100 percent PKC but until numbers r larger this will not happen for Southeastern Ohio Beagle Clubs for there r bills to pay and i have enough of my own to pay without having to pay a nonprofitable organizations bills so i will feed my addication of Pkc hunts by putting on little pack hunts until PKC grows where a club can stand on its own and not out of my garage. Thats just me and how r members feel. I have a lot and i mean a lot of little pack guys who r showing huge intersest but cannot move in this direction because of numbers and yes NKC numbers r down and clubs are folding so why not as a organization capitalize on there losses. I know this is the wrong word to use but thats all it is is a word thats just good business.

pross

Post by pross »

One question, why are NKC clubs folding and why are their numbers down? I think as a PKC organization we should keep those reasons in mind.

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

Frank you have a PM.
I don't know shizz about dogs.