Is finishing a dog to akc fc still a big acomplishment

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Re: Is finishing a dog to akc fc still a big acomplishment

Post by Casey Harner »

Isn't midwest or any format trying to promote a gundog??

This was taken off the website of the MWGA.....

The MIDWEST BEAGLE GUNDOG FEDERATION formerly association, was organized by three gundog clubs in 1980, Great Miami, Jessamine County, and Scioto Valley, that consisted of rabbit hunters and beagle enthusiasts who were not satisfied with the AKC registered beagle as a hunting and/or competition hound of that day. The object of the federation is to: ....encourage and promote the breeding of AKC registered beagles and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection, and to promote said beagles as hunting hounds."
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

I HATE A SWINNG DOG MOST PEOPLE THINK THEY R FAST THERE NOT THEY R SLOW THATS WHY THEY SWING. I WANT THE FASTEST TRACK RUNNING DOG I CAN GET WITHOUT BEING TOO ROUGH . BAD SWINGERS OUGHT TO GO. OF COURASE SOME PEOPLE LIKE ASWINGER TO EACH HIS OWN . I WOULD NOT CONSIDER THEM CHAMPIONS
BIGDOGPACE

TC

Post by TC »

AGAIN like has been Said on HERE, TIME and TIME again "GO WATCH THE DOG RUN" More than Once if you can. Until your Satisfied that its what you Want!!
Now to Answer your Question as it was originally put.
IS Finishing a Dog to AKC FC still a BIG accomplishment.
YES.
The Folks who usually do so have spent TIME as Well as MONEY to get the title for their hound. And I applaud them for this. In most ANY format. But AKC FC Still means Something to a lot of folks....
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

it used to mean alot to me not anymore maybe someday
i know theres good true akc style of old fc dogs but before long at this rate there wont be

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

It should always be ACCOMPLISH OVER STYLE.
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

Roseland

Post by Roseland »

It should always be by the AKC SPO rule book...
Roseland Beagles

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

My Beagles I have been doing this a long while you are right but I am dumb founded as is Wildcat I dont KNOW what they are promoting any more or what judgesare looking for I hear a powerful line running good check hound, BUT WHAT I SEEN being scored and moved on was not this .I dont have as much time in AKC as most but I know what a dog is with out a shadow of a doubt .Do you REALLY have to follow certain judges who like your style of hound TO HAVE A CHANCE :shock: I was in one trial several years back and we ran 3 rounds 12 hours and overheard one judge saying I want the last one standing ? What are we promoting the hound that has the been able to be ran a lot more ?I know you need to have a hound in shape but that is rediculous to me .
Last edited by eddywilliams on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

eddywilliams wrote:My Beagles I have been doing this a long while you are right but I am dumb founded as is Wildcat I dont KNOW what they are promoting any more or which judges I hear a powerful line running good check hound BUT WHAT I SEEN being scored and moved on was not this .I dont have as much time in AKC as most but I know what a dog is with out a shadow of a doubt .Do you REALLY have to follow certain judges who like your style of hound TO HAVE A CHANCE :shock: I was in one trial several years back and we ran 3 rounds 12 hours and overheard one judge saying I want the last one standing ? What are we promoting the hound that has the been able to be ran a lot more ?I know you need to have a hound in shape but that is rediculous to me .

HEY EDDIE WE MAY GET ALONG AFTER ALL LOL

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I took a young little pack judge to a AKC trial with me last year. He has been judging lp I think 5 yrs. now. We get to the trial and he went with the handlers and watched every round and saw all he could get to. We were on the way home and he said to me " Well I guess I have been to the last AKC trial I will ever go to. I was surprised by his answer and I ask him why. He told me " I have been judging lp 5 yrs now and in the entire time I have never seen dogs as rough as I saw there today". He also said that he had listened all that time that it took a clean running hound to have a chance of placing and that he saw that was a bunch of crap. He said that he felt the whole idea of AKC and clean running was just a bunch of hot wind. I have watched a bunch of the dogs that are being placed the last 2 years and I totally agree with what the young man said. I like some of the things about the way AKC runs the hounds but if you don't believe what I am saying just go to some of the hunts and don't even enter a hound and just watch which hounds make the winners pack and I think you will agree with me. I bet I have had at least 50 phone calls in the last 2 years about this same topic and some of the callers have been officers at the clubs where the dogs competed. Josh I guess it is a situation where we can like it or leave it but I don't think it should be that way. I know a lot of people that are sitting back and agreeing with us but they won't post on here for one reason or another. I am not trying to bash AKC but I do feel you should be able to voice your opinion when you are just saying what you have seen. I think an organization can be helped by constructive criticism if they are willing to listen.

sparky

Post by sparky »

In my experience over the last 10 years AKC Midwest has been influenced alot by ARHA/NKC Little Pack,especially in the 15" male class.It seems like they are placing alot rougher dogs than they were 10 years ago.I agree with mybeagles they should be going strictly by the Rule Book and thats it.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

MURL-BEAGLER

Post by MURL-BEAGLER »

Bobby Vest wrote:I took a young little pack judge to a AKC trial with me last year. He has been judging lp I think 5 yrs. now. We get to the trial and he went with the handlers and watched every round and saw all he could get to. We were on the way home and he said to me " Well I guess I have been to the last AKC trial I will ever go to. I was surprised by his answer and I ask him why. He told me " I have been judging lp 5 yrs now and in the entire time I have never seen dogs as rough as I saw there today". He also said that he had listened all that time that it took a clean running hound to have a chance of placing and that he saw that was a bunch of crap. He said that he felt the whole idea of AKC and clean running was just a bunch of hot wind. I have watched a bunch of the dogs that are being placed the last 2 years and I totally agree with what the young man said. I like some of the things about the way AKC runs the hounds but if you don't believe what I am saying just go to some of the hunts and don't even enter a hound and just watch which hounds make the winners pack and I think you will agree with me. I bet I have had at least 50 phone calls in the last 2 years about this same topic and some of the callers have been officers at the clubs where the dogs competed. Josh I guess it is a situation where we can like it or leave it but I don't think it should be that way. I know a lot of people that are sitting back and agreeing with us but they won't post on here for one reason or another. I am not trying to bash AKC but I do feel you should be able to voice your opinion when you are just saying what you have seen. I think an organization can be helped by constructive criticism if they are willing to listen.
I agree Bobby, I have tried it and felt exactly as your friend.

tdog

Post by tdog »

Try running in the classes other than large males if you can. It seems that large males are getting the worst rep for rough running and rightfully so. It should not make a difference, but i have seen some nice clean hounds in other classes. I like the way AKC utilizes different judges in each class from trial to trial. Over runs and check area are always going to be an opinion and maybe you will see a judge with your same views. With enough comments maybe adjustments can be made. Remember there are positives and negatives in every format.

An FC in akc is a still a major accomplishment. It takes a lot of effort to make a FC and the title is still respected in my book.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

tdog I agree with you and I should have said that. I have only watched the 15" males. I am not knocking any hound that has finished in the big males either. If judges are placing those hounds and you aren't running that style then you would be wasting your money.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

Bobby Vest wrote:I took a young little pack judge to a AKC trial with me last year. He has been judging lp I think 5 yrs. now. We get to the trial and he went with the handlers and watched every round and saw all he could get to. We were on the way home and he said to me " Well I guess I have been to the last AKC trial I will ever go to. I was surprised by his answer and I ask him why. He told me " I have been judging lp 5 yrs now and in the entire time I have never seen dogs as rough as I saw there today". He also said that he had listened all that time that it took a clean running hound to have a chance of placing and that he saw that was a bunch of crap. He said that he felt the whole idea of AKC and clean running was just a bunch of hot wind. I have watched a bunch of the dogs that are being placed the last 2 years and I totally agree with what the young man said. I like some of the things about the way AKC runs the hounds but if you don't believe what I am saying just go to some of the hunts and don't even enter a hound and just watch which hounds make the winners pack and I think you will agree with me. I bet I have had at least 50 phone calls in the last 2 years about this same topic and some of the callers have been officers at the clubs where the dogs competed. Josh I guess it is a situation where we can like it or leave it but I don't think it should be that way. I know a lot of people that are sitting back and agreeing with us but they won't post on here for one reason or another. I am not trying to bash AKC but I do feel you should be able to voice your opinion when you are just saying what you have seen. I think an organization can be helped by constructive criticism if they are willing to listen.

well said bobby
and you are right theres alot of people that wont post but are thinking the way we do
im just glad im not the only one that is seeing this extreme change for the worst that akc is content with
ive seen akc reps at trials
why aint they doing anything about this

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

and like others ive only seen the 15 inch males go i cant speak for the other classes