Midwest Judging

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fulcount

Re: Midwest Judging

Post by fulcount »

Rolling track
did you ever judge a trial??

John O

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Maybe if everyone posts the good judges, the clubs will sign them up for future trials.

I know there are more, but here are a few off the top of my head:
Mitch Anderson
Keith Weyers
Neil Kimbrel
John Witt
Dave Vondoloski
Brad Lau
Aaron Westedt

I have also seen subpar judging as well, I just look at the advertisement for the trial and avoid the trials that use them.

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

We need to get more gallery judges out there, they are the best judges around, they see everything and know everything. :shock:

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I don't care who is judging if they started picking dogs up within 5 minute. I won't run under those judge anymore. It took me minimum of 30 minute to be able to tell which dog is scoring and which is not scoring. Everybody drive a good distance to get to trial, I believe their dog worth giving at least minimum half an hour. After half an hour or till the cast is finish and the dog still not scoring, it shows that the judge give the dog more than one chance. Believe me I have seen judge pick up dogs after 5 minute. What is the rush? Use the whole day! Take advantage of the handler pocket. The longer they stay, the more they spend on food. Judges that rush to get the trial done should not judge at all. Let those who really wanted to judge a chance to judge.
Minnesota Beagler

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

It would need to be pretty serious to be picked up in 5 minutes but it does happen. Every time I think something should never happen....sure enough it happens. The longer you let the dogs run the better chance you have of letting the dogs determine the winner and not a judge. I know many like to be on the road, full belly by 2:00 but Ive always respected a judge that runs em till dark...... :approve:

We need to get more gallery judges out there, they are the best judges around, they see everything and know everything. :shock:
Ive been told after a trial by a member of the gallery I picked the wrong dog. It happens, Ill try harder next time...... :nod:
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

No fulcount , NEVER IN MY LIFE , don't even own a dog!
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING DIRTY GIRL
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J
RILEYS ROLLING MISS DIXIE

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Gee, I thought just Little Pack had judging and or politic problems!!

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

peytonbeagles

Post by peytonbeagles »

Human + Competition = Cluster of crap x a lot of pissing and moaning about the sport. When are the men in the gallery going to stand up at the time this is all going on and call BS? Never because for when one feels they are getting screwed there are others advancing and being real silent about whats going on, a win is a win. The sports flawed and the flaws can be directly attributed to us, humans. Year after Year it's the same crap, pee n moan but wth is anyone doing about it, anyone standing up for the guy that gets screwed and I hope by screwed you dont mean a judgment call or honest mistake, cant see everything all the time so by screwed I have to believe out right screwed no doubt and everyone there knows it, if so why would everyone stand there and not say so, handle it there, I have to imagine any expectations that there be changes made would be better then a internet rant. I'am yet to find a format about the dog and not ego's, stud fees and puppy sales so judge, judge not we all have a role in this sport and it is what we make it to be. jmo

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

Well done , Payton!! I agree!
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J

swing

Post by swing »

Can I state my mind here? If this don't stop AKC will destroy itself.
Need new faces judging, people outside the circle.
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I'm not talking about Jessamine Co. or any specific club or judges, but let's keep the politics out of the Mid-West. Let's keep getting judges that don't care who's on the other end of the lead strap & are there to do the best they can to place the best dogs that day. Good judges don't get caught up in all the mickey mouse b.s. The majority of Mid-West judges & clubs are top notch in my opinion. Just look at the hounds finishing in the Mid-West. They all have earned respect from the beagling community. When we see the quality of our FC's going down, then we should worry.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

Nice job Mr wells!!
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J

kybluetickbeagler1

Post by kybluetickbeagler1 »

May also be a good idea to start promoting rabbit dogs again with a check area and hunt instead of the fastest thing on the face of the earth. Jmo

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

Yes sir!! Amen!
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Once again I will say, there is ubgf and progressive pack out there if you like the slow crap.