Midwest Judging

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

RollingTrack

Re: Midwest Judging

Post by RollingTrack »

Lmao!! :bash:
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING DIRTY GIRL
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J
RILEYS ROLLING MISS DIXIE

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Ron, not sure where your going with that comment. I have heard you say on multiple occasions (and I agree) that many of the Midwest trials promote a dog that's way to rough (crap).

I reject the idea that dogs in progressive pack and UBGF are "slow crap".

I have judged some truly remarkable hounds in all 3 formats.

While handlers can get caught up in the emotions of a field trial, I think it's important to note that some are good hounds man that clearly see that the best hounds are not always winning.

Unfortunately I think some of the best hounds get left home in favor of a faster dog that's not so good because that's what wins trophies.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Budd

Post by Budd »

Here is a UBGF derbie trial my brother videoed a couple weeks ago, watching their speed along with check work, line control, I think when I move back down south these are the style of hounds I will be after instead of Midwest style. I believe these hounds could compete in Midwest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dHQDYquAo

warddog

Post by warddog »

peytonbeagles wrote:Human + Competition = Cluster of crap x a lot of pissing and moaning about the sport. When are the men in the gallery going to stand up at the time this is all going on and call BS? Never because for when one feels they are getting screwed there are others advancing and being real silent about whats going on, a win is a win. The sports flawed and the flaws can be directly attributed to us, humans. Year after Year it's the same crap, pee n moan but wth is anyone doing about it, anyone standing up for the guy that gets screwed and I hope by screwed you dont mean a judgment call or honest mistake, cant see everything all the time so by screwed I have to believe out right screwed no doubt and everyone there knows it, if so why would everyone stand there and not say so, handle it there, I have to imagine any expectations that there be changes made would be better then a internet rant. I'am yet to find a format about the dog and not ego's, stud fees and puppy sales so judge, judge not we all have a role in this sport and it is what we make it to be. jmo
Pretty much what I have stated before. IMO your first five words apply to most all dog competitions. I do not believe one has to have attended trials in one specific format of dog competition to understand there are politics involved in ALL of them. Your last sentence hits home that very thing and all a rabbit hunter has to do is read these various threads to understand that the same stuff goes on in all formats just as it does in all types of dog competition where man determines the best. With all things being pretty equal, regardless of how hard man tries it is just human nature to pick what one likes be it speed, color, mouth, desire, or ability. The thing is that evidently some very good dogs are getting titled as we continue to see good rabbit dogs. This isn't because of man but in spite of him.

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Dave I didnt mean the dogs were crap. I ment all the whining that the people are doing. So I apologize to the people that took it the wrowng way. Like I said before if you don't like the Midwest don't run it, and don't run your mouth about it.
Last edited by Ron Conroe on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I think if you feel cheating took place and you feel the need to address it on a public forum its best to name the specific individuals involved.

What Ron and others have stated and rightly so it's not fair to lump the entire association into one lump. Some have worked hard for many years to make the association what it is. That's not quite fair to the really great people that work hard week in and week out.

If I have issue with a judge (not often) I confront him face to face. Getting on the board and generalizing is pretty weak....
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

Lots of guys dont have the Balls to bring it to the judges....but any chance they get to bad mouth the guys they take advantage of it. If you got a problem with a judge bring it to him face to face!
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

mybeagles wrote:It's not fair to lump the entire association into one lump. Some have worked hard for many years to make the association what it is. That's not quite fair to the really great people that work hard week in and week out.
Well said.....I've met some very good honest guys in the Midwest,don't let a few bad experiences put a negative label on the entire federation,then the hater's start coming out of the woodwork.....I also agree that if someone has an issue with the judges then pull them off to the side an have a talk with them about it,speak up an state your case in person.
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

I have said it time and time again.
If you want to change it start judging! Nothing can be changed without involvement. I go to trials and see judges (I do not know) do a good job and try to get them to judge at our trials and I get the following responses.
It is to far to travel, I am retiring (mid 30's), I don't have time, and so on. Look this sport requires commitment from EVERYONE involved. You cannot sit on the sidelines and complain about it and not be involved and expect it to get better. We have judges that are getting on in years 50's & 60's that still judge and would like to cut back but cant because no one else is stepping up. If you cant judge do to physical abilities get involved in a club and help with the trials , stop expecting the same 6 people at each club to do it all. It is like our elections if you don't vote and be involved you have no right to complain about our elected officials.
JMHO, Tom Summers

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Budd wrote:Here is a UBGF derbie trial my brother videoed a couple weeks ago, watching their speed along with check work, line control, I think when I move back down south these are the style of hounds I will be after instead of Midwest style. I believe these hounds could compete in Midwest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dHQDYquAo
They broke down a lot in that video.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.