CHECKS

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bowhunter59

CHECKS

Post by bowhunter59 »

I AM NEW TO THE WO\RLD OF TRIALING BUT HAVE ENJOYED THE 2 I'VE BEEN IN .I WAS IN A TRIAL THE OTHER DAY AND MY DOG GOT 2 CHECKS IN TRHEIR CAST WELL HE HAS A EASY TO TELL IF ITS HIM BARK!I THOUGHT A CHECK WA WHEN THE DOGS LOST IT FOR AT A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN THE DOG THAT BARKED FIRST GOT A CHECK ???????IS THAT NOT RIGHT IF NOT WHAT IS IT???????CAUS I HEARD MY DOG HET AT LEAST 4!NOT MAD JUST CURIOUS.
god is so good!

BigB

Checks

Post by BigB »

In little pack a check occurs if forward progress stops for 15 sec. The dogs don't have to stop barking in the check area just stop forward progress. Then the dog that barks and makes forward progress ON THE LiNE should receive checks pts. Sometimes a dog may hit a peace of the line and go off barking in one direction while another dog takes it out the other way on the line, but without you standing there and seeing it for your self and only going by what you hear and not by what you see alot of guys think they are being cheated. It's not the dog that barks first because that dog may stop or heisitate or be blowing ahole in the ground. It's the dog that gives mouth and makes forward progress on the line. It doesn't matter how fast that dog is moving the track and some judges will say the other dog stole it off of so and so's dog , but no where does it say in the rules how fast a dog takes a check out only that it makes forward progress giving mouth. This time of year with the cover down it's alot easier to see exactly what's going on, but when the cover is thick and hard too see,a judge running up on dogs going hard out on a check will usually give that hard driving hound the check even if he swings too get it