FC Sunset Scooter/World champion/ TopProducer/Conrats Kevin

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TOPGUN

FC Sunset Scooter/World champion/ TopProducer/Conrats Kevin

Post by TOPGUN »

I haven`t been on here for a few days, but when I logged on this morning I was suprised to see nothing about Scooter finishing this weekend at Western KY. This is the first ARHA WORLD CHAMPION to ever finish in the AKC. Boys,this is one tough hound. Kevin Monroe is a class act, a great guy and more importantly a complete houndsman!. I believe this hound is going to be your next top notch stud dog.
To Champion out in the Midwest when the judges know your a ARHA dog is INCREDIBLE. Not that there is any politics involved in the mid west.LOL But to finish with 6 wins. Those of you ARHA guys that have never ran Midwest trials, to win here you have to beat the other dogs so bad that its undeniable. They can`t deny you first. And many times they still deny you. These guys, not all of them obviesally, but many of them will not even look at a guy that runs ARHA dogs. Especially a world champ. But hey, its good to know there are some good honest judges out there. If you Judged Scooter to a win, than you know who you are. If you denied him that win because of who he is and not what he is, you know who you are.
I hope this is a start of whats to come. I hope that jealousy can take a back burner to honesty more in the future. Jealousy is what kills our sport, and is the ruin of many feild trialers.
Don`t miss the boat on this dog. He is the real deal. If you look back in 3 or 4 years and see dogs on the ground out of Scooter that are lighting it up the way he is, and its too late to breed to him, it will be to late. Take a chance. He is a Grandpup to IFC MARK V ACE IN THE HOLE. He is producing clean running dogs that can get it. Take a look, see for yourself. Better yourself. The great ones don`t live forever.

bucker

Scooter

Post by bucker »

I seen this dog go a couple of times TOPGUN. He is the real deal. I didn`t know he finished in AKC. GOOD JOB Kevin Monroe and CONGRATS!

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I agree Scooter is a great hound, but I don't agree that AKC MidWest judges pick up dogs because they are ARHA champs or whatever. A good dog is a good dog. How in the heck are judges supposed to know if a dog is a ARHA Dog as you call it ?? I will say that AKC judges will demerit a dog that leaves the line & skirts the thick stuff or swings real wide in the check and from what I hear ARHA does not demerit for this; that is the biggest difference from what I hear. I guess that's a new excuse when hounds get picked up in AKC. "Those AKC judges just don't like ARHA dogs"! We'll I think Scooter and his 6 wins and other places in AKC MidWest have just proved that theory WRONG!

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

AMEN :roll:
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

SMITTY1233

Post by SMITTY1233 »

I trial very little and am mostly a gunner but I watched this hound go in two different trials in the Midwest last year and he was the real deal no doubt about it. I watched him in the winners pack at North Central OH and I thought he was outstanding. My hound was in that same pack and he (Scooter) seemed to control the pack from about 2-4 place. I was very impressed. My dog didn't place this day but I will tell you he (Scooter) was definately the better dog that day. I am not sure this was one of his wins or not, I think he placed second but man he was pounding the line and dead nuts the whole race it seemed.... There were some real head bangers in that winners pack and it didn't rattle him one bit...

The only time I have ever spoke to Kevin was at this trial, Very nice houndsman that knows his stuff. Congrats to you and your hound on a job well done... :D :D
hounds... hare.... hunter.... bang... what gets better than that.
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Scooter ranks right up there with some of the best I've judged. Competition was tough Sunday; he had to earn it. What seperated him from the others was that he was usually the one finding the real long, tough checks and saving the run. That takes patience, desire, brains, nose and experience. He is the total package.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Wells,
Come on Greg. You are saying you never knew he was an ARHA dog. You don`t know the guys runnig midwest that run ARHA?. There aren`t that many. People like to talk. If you can honestly say you`ve never heard "that guy runs ARHA dogs", or refer to dogs as ARHA junk than I guess I`ve just been to the wrong trials. I ain`t going to argue with you guys but I just call it the way I see it. I don`t try to sugar coat the truth. We all can have our own opinion. You ain`t going to hear it from anyone running in the trials right now. They would never place if they said something like this. I will say it because I am not running any midwest trials this year. Maybe not anymore at all. I`ve seen some great hounds win, and some that didn`t look so great.
I don`t run a rough dog and don`t like rough dogs. I like just what you guys are running. Fast, clean and hard. I will keep running the dogs that suite me. I always say the man that feeds the dog is the main one the dog has to please.

Hills Beagles

Post by Hills Beagles »

Scooter has won under me and gotten picked up in the midwest. He is a nice dog. I found out he was an Arha Champion after he ran under me the first time and I didn't hold it against him. I think it's to the dogs credit that he could handle the 9 dog winners packs as well as the rough and crazy dogs you sometimes encounter in the Arha. If you were to come run under myself or most any midwest judge I can honestly say that we don't care were else you run your dogs. If your dogs are good ( according to the AKC standard) then you should do well.

braden

Post by braden »

Does Kevin stud this dog out? Could anybody give a phone # to contact Kevin/thanks

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Congradulations Kevin.6 wins in AKC and a World Champion?My little gyp has some pedigree now ;)

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

There is no difference in an ARHA dog or an AKC dog in my mind. They are either a good one or they're not. I only run AKC MidWest; if a dog can finish in that, it has my respect. The rules in ARHA do let some extremely faulty dogs make champion in my opinion, but all dogs that run and win in ARHA trials are not faulty. There are good hounds and faulty hounds running in all registries and even the good ones have minor faults. A wild,swinging, cheating hound won't finish in AKC MidWest, but they can in ARHA. These are the ARHA champs that AKC judges don't like; because of thier faulty running style, not because we don't like ARHA people. We like the ARHA champs like Scooter; honest, line running, close checkwork with good speed. That may be where this opinion of yours is coming from TOPGUN. Good Luck.

Beach Creek Beagles

Post by Beach Creek Beagles »

Congrats Kevin, and I hope this kind of bias doesn't exsist because we are considering trying a couple AKC hunts. I am a little pack judge and I know there would never be a day a dog would lose because it was run in a different format.
"Better to have and not need than need and not have."

Big Boy Patch

Post by Big Boy Patch »

I ran a AKC trail last year for the first time. I got two dogs in the winners pack. One got pick up early and the other placed third. I did not see much difference in the way these dogs run then in the NKC.

bucker

Post by bucker »

I don`t believe there is much difference in the two. Just a matter od style. WELLS WOODS was right on the money. In NKC they don`t minus a hound for any kind of rough running. If you like a clean, honest, and hard driving hound than Midwest Gun Dog is for you. I`ve done alright in these trials. My dogs have placed more times than not. When you make a Feild Champion in AKC, you have something. You can make all the Rabbit Champions in NKC you want, but still not have much. Go run with some of these guys that have ran AKC Midwest for several years. The guys that have been successful. You`ll see some truely powerful hounds. If your going to run these trials competeivly, get involved, pay your dues, and trial hard and without a doubt you`ll be succsessful. At least you will be able to form your own opinion.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

I agree with everything but the last post.Theres good and bad champions in both divisions so please dont act like one is so much better than the other.If you take the elite dogs out of both divisions there all gonna be really nice dogs.Its not as easy as one may think to champion one out in arha at least in our area.I know of a akc fc. that couldnt.It all boils down to if you have a good dog,its just a plain good dog,but I dont agree one format akc,arha,ukc is all that better than the other and i have ran with champions out of all three.If you put as many mid-west trials all over as arha lp,you would see alot more not so great dogs at those trials also but it dont mean they would win.
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out