Question For The Judges

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DarrinG

Question For The Judges

Post by DarrinG »

NKC Little Pack Rules.

4-dog cast.

The hounds are cast, dogs A-B-C and D.

Dog C opens and jumps a rabbit in view of the judge and handlers. A hot and powerful race around the hillside....pounding running. Then a check, which dog D claims and moves out on, the rest hark in and the race is back in order. Another check some time later and dog C claims and moves it out and the race is again back in order. With no breakdown, suddenly dogs A and B split from dogs C and D. Dogs A and B are seen running a rabbit also.

Which 2-pack of dogs does the judge order the handlers to get back with the other 2 dogs and which 2 dogs does he stay with and keep scoring?

Elementary?

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

It "appears" simple, the way you have it written. It appears dogs A&B are on a spilt and should be ordered brought up by the judge. However, it is solely the judges decision, he/she must determine which two dogs are running the original scoring rabbit, and which dogs are on the spilt. What appears clear to the handlers, may not be so evident to the judge. The handlers may all have an opinion on which rabbit is the scoring rabbit,and which is the spilt, but the only opinion that counts, is the judges, and his decision is FINAL.
Big Mike

windsplitters

judgeing

Post by windsplitters »

does not seem to be enuff info you would probally call time out and get them all on one rabbit enless the judge knows the original rabbit most of the time it would be a judgemental call you would probally have to be their and see it to no the right anwser.

PREACHERS KENNEL

v,vfh,h,

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

like haS BEEN SAID judges decisioni would feel like normally c and d prolly had the orignal rabbit usually since they been doin most the work.but have to been there to see for sure.if not known for sure best thing call time out and get them all together and go from 1st check!
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

bradadkins

Post by bradadkins »

if there was any doubt in my mind which was the original rabbit..I would call time out and get the dogs together on one rabbit..then go from the first check.
Last edited by bradadkins on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adkins Bluegrass Beagles
That's How I Roll

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

I have not read the other posts past the first.

The judge has to stay with the original rabbit.
If the judge is not sure which is the original, then he should have the dogs handled, put on one track and then score from the first check.

If he is not 100% sure which is the original rabbit, he should not be scoring. If he knows which is the original rabbit, then keep scoring and yell that you need dogs A and B in the race.
Last edited by SilverZuk on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

[quote="SilverZuk"]The judge has to stay with the original rabbit.
If the judge is not sure which is the original, then he should have the dogs handled, put on one track and then score from the first check.

If he is not 100% sure which is the original rabbit, he should not be scoring.quote]

I agree.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Go with the Rabbit your buddys dog is on! :shock:
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Chris Shoopman

Post by Chris Shoopman »

haha i have saw that happen before..lol......hell catch them put them all back togther make it far for everone, they payed just as much money to enter there dog in the hunt as the rest....

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

dog C claims and moves it out and the race is again back in order
If dog c has claimed the check and you mean by the race is back in order (because the other dogs have harkened in) then you stay with dog c and have them others brought up

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

How can you be sure C has the original rabbit? This aint a PP or UGBF question. The lead dog could have changed several times before the split. Just because C got the last check doesnt mean he didnt skirt a Briar patch and hit a stray rabbit later.
276 620 1572

PREACHERS KENNEL

kfykklkg

Which 2-pack of dogs does the judge order the handlers to get back with the other 2 dogs and which 2 dogs does he stay with and keep scoring?

the ole copy aNd PASTE.. this was the ??sounds like to me he described the check was got by dog c and all dogs harked in the race was on then after that was happening there was a split while they were runnin and then which 2 pair of dogs did u follow ??if it was like this i'd stay with c and d or call time out and go from first check!hopeing this was correct help us out darring

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

After each check, all dogs were packed up together running. And without a check, dogs A & B split on another rabbit.

Interesting responses so far!
Yes Rick....that is the question, basically.

PREACHERS KENNEL

lylfy

ok then i would be hollering bring up, A and B..

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Darrin,
Now that you say they split on another rabbit, I would keep scoring C and D. Key being another rabbit, I take it you are saying C and D are still running the original rabbit.

In the original post you said A and B were running a rabbit, not another rabbit. Am I understanding you right now?
276 620 1572