on the clock or not??????????

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

danny vansickle

on the clock or not??????????

Post by danny vansickle »

i have a new hound that when released off the lead will let out 5 or 6 small squeeks or chirps,but when he acctually opens,his mouth is a huge,huge bawl,completely different from his "happy chirps".he is out of chimney hill driver,i owned a bitch that did the same thing out of driver.

anyway,this weekend he was judged by two different judges,both judges have seen the dog before and knew he did this,neither judge put him on the clock,of course,the other handlers had to put their 2 cents in,one really was vocal about it,but,they also seen when the rabbit was up,his mouth was so,so much different.

i have seen this topic discussed before,and really it can go both ways,if a judge chooses,he could put him on the clock,wich dependin on the area,could be good or bad,take for instance,indiana and the world hunt,i ran against a dog that did this last year,it reciever 5 strikes in a row and won the cast,it would happy chirp,get on the clock and get saved.

now,when i run this male,i inform the judge of his mouth,no matter where i am.

his mouth is so different,and i feal it is not fair to the other dogs for him to get strikes he does not deserve and not fair to him if he pulls a minus.

but,what is your opinion,would you clock a dog for chirps that you can easilly tell are not the dogs mouth?
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

TC

Re: on the clock or not??????????

Post by TC »

what is your opinion,would you clock a dog for chirps that you can easily tell are not the dogs mouth?
No!!!
As long as You Inform the Judge and other handlers of his mouth and Stick With it be CONSISTANT...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Yea, what TC said. :nod:
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Gang

Post by Gang »

Well I swear I just read on another topic about the rules being the rules, rather written in or just posted and enforced. What say ye?

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

Gang wrote:Well I swear I just read on another topic about the rules being the rules, rather written in or just posted and enforced. What say ye?
yes,you did,but a good judge will tell ya,a whine and a squeeky chirp is not opening up,and when you acctually hear the dogs true mouth,wich is a huge loud bawl,then ya know.......

i think this is the grey area we call.....judges discretion,but like tc said,as long as you inform everyone ahead of time and are truethfull,then no harm no foul,the way i see it,why let him get every strike at a heavily populated area??????

i could see if i told the judges at some clubs or runnin grounds and not others,it would be wrong to not say anything at somewhere like the world hunt,where the dogs are always gonna get a rabbit and save him

but the bottom line is,the difference is so huge in his chirp and his bark,but,like i said,it is a judgment call,so far,the judges have givin him the benifit of the doubt,and for the record,i lost the casts this weeken,if the judge would have put him on the clock sunday,he would have won,cause the dogs did get rabbits up within three minutes,only one time they did not,so,if i would have not said anything,he would have won,but no,i did the right thing,and he lost,and i will continue to enform all judges,and when i do,i always say this...

you are the judge,you make the call either way,i am just lettin ya know to be fair to me and the other hounds.

he does not cold trail,he just happy chirps when cut loose,then goes on hunting.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Gang

Post by Gang »

I totally agree with you but was just rattling your chain. As far as the cellular judge, he would still be at the hospital trying to pull it out.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

What would you say if someone had a dog that when let off of the lead just ran around for 5 minutes barking just because he gets so excited he can't stand it but after that is the best rabbit dog you've ever seen? Where do you draw the line? I know it kind of sucks but I would have to say rules are rules. The problem is that it's a competition and even though it may seem like being nit-picky some guys will do whatever it takes to get an edge. If you asked me personally I would not say a word if he only did it at the beginning and not throughout the trial. Another thing to think about is some hounds in a check can be a little mouthy because they get overexcited while running a rabbit so should they get a pass too because it's just their nature? I know I'm kind of playing both sides here but it's because when it comes down to it I have to say rules are rules but I wouldn't want to beat another hound because of something like that. I'd want my hound to win because he was a better hound. If it is causing a disruption to the rest of the cast then yes I would have a problem with it.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I'm with Gang on the cell phone thing. That guy either needs to get in shape or find a different hobby if you can't put in the effort.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

as a judge if you were to inform me of this i would then ask the entire cast if they have a problem with it then and only then to be fair to everyone involved would i not clock him in on happy barks ...that way i would see it fair to everyone and there would be no misunderstandings in the cast...just my 2 cents...this is a gray area that is why i would inform the entire cast about the deal and make sure there would be no problems cause puttin him on the clock could benefit him or minus him i would also inform the cast of that as well..if everyone agrees then we cast dogs....tracy
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

allniter

Post by allniter »

DANNY --I think this can be helped with a t/t collar to stop that whinning ---if done right ----just like some guy's say use common sence BUT WHAT IS COMMON TO YOU ISN'T COMMON TO SOME ONE ELSE
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Mark H

Post by Mark H »

Danny this may sound funny but i had a dog that did the same thing and what i did was i put a bell on him and always faced him backwards so he didnt see the other dogs take off and it worked may not work for you but worth trying see ya at the world
LP GRCH Skyview Smoke
LP RCH Bryants little buddy

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

u could always stick a handfull of grass in his mouth before you cut him loose that will shut him up for a minute... ;)
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

dogwhisperer

Post by dogwhisperer »

hey you guys let me know if the telling the judge thing works cause i need to tell the judge that my dog gets every check.sometimes he barks first and makes forward progress and sometimes he doesnt bark and makes forward progress either way he is the first one to make forward progress and score the check.kinda the same thing right? :lol: :lol:
HOF COMP HOF REP GRRCH GRBCH TURBO POWERED BY TURBO
GRRCH BCH POOR BOY POWERED HANK
GRRCH BCH SUGARRUN TRIPLE X
RCH SUGARRUN EARTH RATLIN RUBY
RCH SUGARRUN ROCK-N-ROOSTER
RCH BURR OAK SUZIE

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

On the clock.

buddy_line_kennels

Post by buddy_line_kennels »

dogwhisperer wrote:hey you guys let me know if the telling the judge thing works cause i need to tell the judge that my dog gets every check.sometimes he barks first and makes forward progress and sometimes he doesnt bark and makes forward progress either way he is the first one to make forward progress and score the check.kinda the same thing right? :lol: :lol:

Hib, I can always can on your sarcasm. :lol:

amanda
Matt and Amanda Elliott