Sad Day At Dixie Kennels

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dixie Kennels

Sad Day At Dixie Kennels

Post by Dixie Kennels »

Hickory Hollow Blue Bo died yesterday evening doing what he loved to do. Today I daylight I found him with his head stuck up a 4" pcv drain pipe. I was running 5 dogs and they all came back after a dead track but Bo. It was dark by then and i spent the night there in my truck. I feel so sorry for Martha my wife . She has just started getting into field trailing and she has handled Bo all the times in the 2003 Hound of The Year race in the Progressive Pack Champion Class. I don`t know if I will ever get her back into it after this. When she gets home we will put one of the best dogs I ever seen to rest. You hear of things like this happening to other beaglers but you never think it will happen to you. The good Lord answered my prayers and I found him. Now I don`t have to wonder what ever happened to him.
Steve

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about Bo. I know he was a good'un. Tell Martha not to quit. These beagles can manage to get themselves into some risky predicaments, and the law of averages says that if you fool with them long enough, you will have some bitterness happen with the sweet. The beagles wouldn't have it any other way.

I believe they live with the "Garth Brooks" philosophy: "They will risk the pain so long as they get to dance". Bo got to dance.

WSRandy

To Martha And Steve.. Two Of My Dearest Friends I've Met...

Post by WSRandy »

Im am so sorry to hear about Bo.....We have been thru soo much together,I am here for you if you need anything or just to talk,,I love you BOTH !!!! Your friend Shannon :cry:

Dixie Kennels

Post by Guest »

Steve and Martha, I was absolutley stunned to here the news about BO.I really enjoyed running against that "dang ole blue dog" The hound of the year race has lost its luster for me. I know that Bo was the dog to beat and he had a big lead. Martha please don't quit trialing, you are one of the finest to go out on a cast with. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.
:cry: :(
Dale B

WSRandy

Post by WSRandy »

I just got in from work and this hit me like a hammer :cry:

Dance he indeed did.......Bo was the most consistent, hardest hitting dog I have ever had the chance to run against week in and week out. He will be missed :(

Martha....I can only imagine how you feel and my heart goes out to you and Steve. I hope you can go on. I am sorry to hear about this.

I will talk at you later, Randy

Steve Fielder

I'm sorry....

Post by Steve Fielder »

Steve and Martha,

I don't know either of you and I never had the pleasure to see Bo go but I'm a fellow houndsman and I know the pain that comes with the loss of a good and cherished hound. My heart is with you. May there be another Bo in your future.
Steve Fielder
Director, Coonhound Events
American Kennel Club

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Steve and Martha,
Sorry to hear about Bo. I had the pleasure to judge him two times, both in the finals and he did it right both times! He was a good one and im sure he will be missed. Both of you keep your head up and hope to see you soon!
Crane Creek Kennels

Skip

Post by Skip »

Steve and Martha,

I could not believe it when Al Aiken told me last night about Bo. Steve, you know I have always admired Bo. I have thought he was one of the finest running hounds since I seen him run as a open.
Martha, I can imagine how bad you both feel. My deepest condolences to you both.

Skip

Dixie Kennels

Post by Dixie Kennels »

I would like to thank ya`all for your kind words . Its going to be tough on me driving to pa this weekend to the eastern regional without bo. that is when it hits me the hardest , when im alone and driving with my thoughts always on bo. hope to see a lot of friends up there. it helps to be with friends in time of sorrow

wallybutterfly

sad day undeed

Post by wallybutterfly »

:-o I understand your loss. I lost my dog, almost 2 years ago, he was stolen. I still look for him every so often, when I hear a dog bark. I believe that we all have that one special pet, that God gave to us to help us in a time of need. He was mine. I will always look for him, until it is obvious that he isnt still able to be alive. It is sad that you had this lose, but your prayers were answered you were given closer. All that we can pray for is that someday in heaven we will be joined with all this great dogs that we will miss until that time. I have another dog now. It is taking abit, but he is winning my heart over and comforting me. I guess another great dog that the Lord has given me to help comfort me in times of need. Give him a head scratch for me this evening. Your friend in Walla Walla

Wilkerson Boys

Post by Wilkerson Boys »

Bo was a very nice looking hound. Sorry to hear of his loss. I lost my little champ Lukey last week. I know how you feel. See ya. Wayne

ROCK CREEK BEAGLES / AL C

Post by ROCK CREEK BEAGLES / AL C »

HEY STEVE & MARTHA SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT BO . AL CHAPMAN