UKC Hunting Beagle Format.

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

engman99

UKC Hunting Beagle Format.

Post by engman99 »

How does a dog need to operate to do well in this format?

VA Jim

Re: UKC Hunting Beagle Format.

Post by VA Jim »

1st strike,1st line,check dog,the faster the better w/control,has got to be on the line to score it,honest mouth=no minus!!! hope this helps.

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

You need an honest mouth jump dog, with good foot and decent control.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

APFII

Post by APFII »

You need to know every rule in the book,and be able to use them like a lawer in a court room.

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

APFII wrote:You need to know every rule in the book,and be able to use them like a lawer in a court room.
:hammer: :hammer: That is the truth,,LOL..Sharp pencil and be a golden glove boxer.
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

crossfire731

Post by crossfire731 »

Go into it open minded and that your gonna have fun and meet people. And as the other fellow said know the rules. You need a dog that when it opens up that in can produce a rabbit. You minus out real quick if it don't produce a rabbit. I hunted it this year for fun of it. I had an older beagle and won a cast and minused out in a couple other but I was just having fun and met alot of good people. But now I know what kind of dog it takes to
run in ukc trials.
Jr Woolman
417-686-0212

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

hurryup wrote:
APFII wrote:You need to know every rule in the book,and be able to use them like a lawer in a court room.
:hammer: :hammer: That is the truth,,LOL..Sharp pencil and be a golden glove boxer.
:lol: :nod: You must know the rules and be willing to defend your dog. There are a lot of guys out there who will take advantage of a guy that doesn't know the rules or have the testicular fortitude to enforce them.
DCK Bounty Hunter

CJ&C kennels

Post by CJ&C kennels »

If you see a rabbit circle and a dog over runs the line or miss's the line does the dog get minuesd
Chad Mullins
Home of
LPGRCH Colley's Taxi Cab Driver
LPRCH Mullins' Sweet Pea
LPRCH Black Diamond Super Star

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Also keep your mouth shut cause someone or some club can say you said this or done that and Ukc reps will go with what they say no matter if its a LIE or not .Like making a JOKE EVEN .The real rule breakers thrive !!!! If you win at there club and your not fromn that state or area some will decide they dont want you there .No reason ,no questions no nothing .I hear if you go to the hunts at Pt. Pleasant Wva and win and beat the locals they will vote to ban you .Basically I hear its a few brothers and a former coward President that dont have enough dog power to hang so they eliminate the competition so I hear ,or if you know the rules better than someone you draw out with you should withdraw your dog . A little more details and this sounds like DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER !
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

APFII

Post by APFII »

Expect the veterans of the format to have different interpretations of the rules.

TC

Post by TC »

APFII wrote:Expect the veterans of the format to have different interpretations of the rules.
AND THOSE Interpretations can CHANGE depending on the circumstances!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

UKC needs to go to Elimination format in Hounds and Hunting. All cast winners move on. Alot of guys are not running in UKC because of it.
I don't know shizz about dogs.

madcatter

Post by madcatter »

its the format with more rules than any of the others.
and what eddy said

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

Steve Preston wrote:UKC needs to go to Elimination format in Hounds and Hunting. All cast winners move on. Alot of guys are not running in UKC because of it.
It's just not practical for the average hunt. If they left hunt times the same they would be running late into the evening at every hunt, and a lot of guys with families can't do that. It may work if they shortened hunt times or ran everything in the morning. IF they ran everything in the morning it would hurt clubs entries.It's not bad they way it is now. I like it when the few big hunts are ran that way.

UKC Hunting Beagle Format has a good concept behind it. If you know the rules you it's hard tp get cheated. Every cast goes by a majority vote in the field on any question. So really to get cheated you have to have the majority of the cast against you. I attend qute a few of these hunts up here in Indiana and we hardly ever have any problems. We get some bad apples that cause problems like every format does, but where I'm at they are few and far between. I like this format the best because as a handler I have a say as to what goes on the score card. No other format works that way.
DCK Bounty Hunter

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

"Quick Strike" dog, meaning it will open harking in. My dogs will not open til they smell the line, so they will have 1st or 4th strike every time. Just saying...only been to one and really enjoyed it but my jumpdog was more interested in sniffing tail that day and didn't have a single jump or it would have been a tight cast.