2011 World Hunt Update

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

backyard beagler

Re: 2011 World Hunt Update

Post by backyard beagler »

Murphy's Kennel wrote:Congrats to all who won or placed.... In the semi's it was John Boy,Caddy, Demon, Drifter and Irene won the cast. Wow what a cast of power and good friends, good dogs and great time. Thanks to everyone who participated in getting Demon to the world.If it wasn't for you all he wouldn't have done what he done thanks for believing in him. And sticking around to watch him run. Oh yea Jimmy Choo Choo (I think I Can, I think I can).... Guys I want to brag on a real judge at the world I seen. He knows dogs,can out run a deer and is as honest as they come. His first name is Dilbert and if you get this young man know you are getting one of the best. I had a ball today and was glad I got to drive up this morning and experience a my Demon dog placing 4th in the world. Also congrats to Paul (Thinks he's Pretty) Blackburn :lol: for placing 3rd in the world.....Congrats to Dallas,WFO, and Jerry Broadhead on your wins. :D

Haha funny lil guy lol....congrats to you too was good seeing you.
Paul Blackburn
Blackburn's Beagles
LpGrRch LpGrBch Blackburn's Rabbit Charming Preacher(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Black Jack(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Rockstar

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I was glad to see Jerry Broadhead and Dallas Russell win this year. Both are great guys and Dallas is a good and honest judge also.

F.KERNS

Post by F.KERNS »

Congratulations everyone Super great job WFO boys thats great 1st and 2nd ,both are great dogs.

Busters Kennels

Post by Busters Kennels »

Congatulations not only to those who won but also to those who placed! This was our first year and there were alot of really tough dogs You all should be proud! Looking forward to the next year of club hunts that all lead to the next World Hunt!!
Jon & Jill Randolph
Lizzy Belle LP Champion
Fast "Track" to Mojo
Full Moon
Switch-R-Roo

Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Congrats WFO and Dallas! Just wondered if Kevin and Matt found their truck yet or needed on star to find it for them? Heard they forgot where they parked it! :D

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

First let me start by saying congrats to all that won wfo kennels great job. The mesurering rule is a great thing but makes no sense to me about mesurering all dogs before a hunt and then u can still challenge a dog at the staging area. THATS STUPID PERIOD. your own rule book states a dog can not be mesured but once at any hunt. Your official mesurerment card can only keep u from being mesured at the beginning of the hunt but u can also be challenged at the stake with or without the card. STUPID AGAIN why pay for a official mesurerment card if u can be mesured again how official is that. STUPID AGAIN. Sounds to me like someone trying to generate easy money for what nothing. Close your registration boys and your hound size will come back. You can not keep breeding grade dogs agree or disagree. And who is going to register a litter now why not just wait and register the dog after it is done growing to make sure it does not go over. Now lets get into the discussion about checks 17 scored in 15 minutes BULLSHIT what should of happened with that pack of dogs is 5 22 shells because if they could only run a rabbit for 50 seconds before a break down i would not feed any of them. But we know this did not happen. I was on one cast in three days that gutted me and i am old. rather i was judging or handling the worst world hunt i have ever been to. When u take a man like Jeff Hayes and make him quit something is wrong because i have never been around another human being that is about a good time and the right hound making it back. When u step up and tell the judge another dog deserves a strike jump and that call beats your dog at the biggest hunt of the year then i believe u when u say 17 checks in 15 minutes is BULLSHIT. And this is your pick for judge of the year. Get real. I fall into a water hole screw up my shoulder cut my hand and almost drown went missing for 20 minutes and Ron eades only concern is if they were on time out What a piece of crap. Thank god for mike crabtree jeff hayes ron rummer and the other two guys that came looking for me or i might still be in that hole. Thats okay at least i know who my friends are and who are still decent humans. Like harold said the guide orange and white truck this is why i have not entered a dog in little pack for 3 years now. This is why paul prevot is gone because of bullshit like this. This is why brian passmore laughs behind the organizations back because of crap like this. I know all these people are wrong and the organzition is right and if u believe this let me sell u some land in japan. STUPID

jddingess

Post by jddingess »

Lol I like your style Frank. Don't pull any punches.
Coalfield Kennels

ClearForkBeagles

Post by ClearForkBeagles »

I don't really see how seventeen checks in fifteen minutes is the judges fault! He is only putting down what he sees. Its not the judges fault how the dogs run!
Cliff Everts
Clear Fork Kennels
Proud feeder of Sport Mix dog food

GO ALL IN

hookset

Post by hookset »

toldyouso wrote:And this is your pick for judge of the year
Don't know about you, but I've been judged by him for many a cast and have never felt cheated or that things were judged incorrectly. If my memory is correct, my hound has only won one cast that he has judged. That means that he's eliminated one of my dogs way more than they have won, and I've felt he'd got it right. Not a whole lot of GOOD judges out there, but he IS one.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Guess i am dum but who is the judge Frank Miller is talking about?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

yottie gunner

Post by yottie gunner »

I was with the cast when Frank went swimming that couldve got serious.

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

Listen first to Mr. evert be real 17 checks in 15 minutes means a check every 50 seconds are you kiddy me!!!!!!! Theres no way you believe this happened do you?????????????? Second no one said anything about cheating but you can not judge one round one way and then another round another. Agree!!! Look there were several people listening to Kalbers little speech about how to score checks and if you are at the world hunt and you are getting ready to judge and you do not know how to score a check by now we as houndsmen are in trouble. Agree!!!!! Thats where this came from now Mr Kearns is one of a great man and would break bread with this man anyday of the week. But his words not mine I judged the way Mike told us to judge. There are very few leaders of the world but alot of followers and when you are in the position of a Mike Kalber this is not where you start a judging seminar. There is a place and a time but do not change the rules in the middle of the game. If that dog barks first the rule states it must show progression not stop come back go sideways dig holes but go forward and convinced me the judge this is the way the rabbit went thats why i am always one check behind. Many a dog has lyed or not been sure and it sounds to me like we had some dogs maybe all dogs in this cast that were not to sure. That said their is no way 17 checks in 15 minutes maybe progressive pack but the last i looked thats not the world hunt we were at Agree!!!!!!

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

Listen first to Mr. evert be real 17 checks in 15 minutes means a check every 50 seconds are you kiddy me!!!!!!! Theres no way you believe this happened do you?????????????? Second no one said anything about cheating but you can not judge one round one way and then another round another. Agree!!! Look there were several people listening to Kalbers little speech about how to score checks and if you are at the world hunt and you are getting ready to judge and you do not know how to score a check by now we as houndsmen are in trouble. Agree!!!!! Thats where this came from now Mr Kearns is one of a great man and would break bread with this man anyday of the week. But his words not mine I judged the way Mike told us to judge. There are very few leaders of the world but alot of followers and when you are in the position of a Mike Kalber this is not where you start a judging seminar. There is a place and a time but do not change the rules in the middle of the game. If that dog barks first the rule states it must show progression not stop come back go sideways dig holes but go forward and convinced me the judge this is the way the rabbit went thats why i am always one check behind. Many a dog has lyed or not been sure and it sounds to me like we had some dogs maybe all dogs in this cast that were not to sure. That said their is no way 17 checks in 15 minutes maybe progressive pack but the last i looked thats not the world hunt we were at Agree!!!!!!

ClearForkBeagles

Post by ClearForkBeagles »

Frank, all I am saying is that if the dogs are rough running dogs,fast and wild, i.e. LIttle Pack, how is that the judges fault. The judge will score whatever happens in front of him, he doesn't make the dogs run like that. And yes it is physically possible for a check to happen every fifty seconds, it is crazy, and I would not want it to happen with my dogs or the cast I was judging, but it could happen. These dogs are fast, too fast sometimes, they can cover alot of ground in a few seconds, over run the track, lose it for fifteen, pick it back up and go again like hell for a few seconds and lose it again. I don't what Mikes speech was, i didn't make until friday afternoon to the hunt, but the rule says the dogs forward progress must stop for fifteen seconds, I make them show me the full fifteen seconds, not thirteen, not fourteen, not fourteen and a half, but fifteen before I score a check, and then I don't write it down until the next breakdown, that way a dog doesn't fool me. I have seen some judges that do count to quickly, I would much rather see them go the full fifteen, but as long as they judge the same way through the cast, I guess thats what matters. I am not arguing with you Frank, just thought you could have made that entire first statement without saying" and this your pick for judge of the year".
Cliff Everts
Clear Fork Kennels
Proud feeder of Sport Mix dog food

GO ALL IN

Dale Pea

Post by Dale Pea »

Ya know, everytime i have about decided to try this trailing thing, something lke this comes up. I would like for you that have postred, tell me why I shoulod join a club or enter a dog? So I could listen to all of the crying and complaining? After I drive for a couple of hours, to find out that some rules are good ones and others can be bent?

I say this, but, I know that the fellas here in NC and those in the Southern part of VA are as honest as the day is long and would tell the truth even if it cost them 1st place.

Thnaks but no thanks. I just don't need the headaches. Some one or ones will show up and cry!