Difference in scoring rules PKC and UKC

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

golden acres

Difference in scoring rules PKC and UKC

Post by golden acres »

Reading the rules on running I do not see much of a difference, please correct me if I am wrong
Thanks James Golden
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

foxxy

Re: Difference in scoring rules PKC and UKC

Post by foxxy »

pkc you dont have check i dont think
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

lazymkennels

Post by lazymkennels »

also in pkc you can score on the rabbit as many times as possable not just 3 times then pull your dogs of a running rabbit. Plus you dont have to see the rabbit to score just forward progress

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

You dont have to see the rabbit to determine forward progress in UKC.
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

pross

Post by pross »

In PKC, you do not have to have plus points to win your cast. The other main differences were mentioned above: no checks and score as many lines as the dogs can produce but must have at least 1 minute elapse between lines.

Joe Crace

Post by Joe Crace »

I've noticed that it don't matter if your dog opens right off the lead strap and can run around like it has something and another dog open in a total different place 100 yrds away and you get 1st strike. Not sure what kind of dog PKC is trying to promote but I think before I run a HOUND in this they need to fix some of the holes in the rules. JMO
SMITH HILL KENNEL
RIP Smith Hill's Super Flo
LP R CH B CH Big Hollow Sneeky Pete
Smith Hill's Bubba J
Smith Hill's Dope Head
Smith Hill's Roxie
740-835-1808

pross

Post by pross »

No offense Joe, but I don't see the difference in the rule you're complaining about and any other format. In ARHA, UKC, and PKC, the dog always gets put on the clock and I think everyone has seen dogs baled out by that situation but it is what it is. PKC may not be perfect but it is a very good format where people can have a good time and it may not be for everyone but i've seen quite alot of people really enjoying themselves.

Deron House

Post by Deron House »

I haven't seen any issues with PKC or the dogs that are running in it, what i have seen is alot of people having a good time runing there dogs and good fellow ship had by all so to you Joe your at the hunt anyway bring a dog and if your not real carefull you just might have a good time.

Joe Crace

Post by Joe Crace »

Its not just that rule that was one that was the freshest and it is different in LP because the person with the mouthy dog in PKC is judging and guiding there cast and in LP there not and the rule with the line one judge might be 6 or 8 feet and anther might be 12 or 14 feet. I'm not picking on any one person or dog but there are some things I would like to see changed.

And as fore me running a dog I think the next time you have a hunt I will load my hounds up and go running instead of coming to the hunt and trying to help out. ;)
SMITH HILL KENNEL
Smith Hill's Bubba J
Smith Hill's Dope Head
Smith Hill's Roxie
740-835-1808

pross

Post by pross »

James,
Sorry for getting off track on your post. My advice would be to give it a try and see what YOU think. We have attended PKC trials at several clubs and have always been treated fairly. Come down to Southern Ohio sometime and give it a try.

Paul Ross

DINGUS MAN

Post by DINGUS MAN »

Guys, I may be reading the thread wrong and as old as I am Id say i am. It sounds like in pkc the dog does not have to hold any kind of line at all or there is no checks or linecontrol. Im i understanding this right? Or im i really not understanding? Thanks

pross

Post by pross »

There is no scoring for checks. However, there is scoring for speed and drive and the dogs must come through on the line in order to score. So, in a nutshell PKC promotes a hound with hunt (scores on strikes and penalized if it doesn't hunt) and also one that runs as fast as conditions allow them to and still come through on a line.

Joe Crace

Post by Joe Crace »

and also to score on the line they have to run the majority of the track up to where the line is marked. should there be any question on how much of the track the dog ran that is decided by majority vote on the cast and that is were it helps if you have a line dog . other than that I think Paul put it in a nut shell for you.
SMITH HILL KENNEL
Smith Hill's Bubba J
Smith Hill's Dope Head
Smith Hill's Roxie
740-835-1808

DINGUS MAN

Post by DINGUS MAN »

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.

J.R Dunlap

Post by J.R Dunlap »

Every PKC cast i have been on i had fun we started PKC at our club here in Putnam County Wv in April of 2011
and have had a great time we also run UKC and i ran little pack for a long time.
all three formats are very good its a matter of finding what you like our club now prefers PKC due to alot of reasons
but running rules are not the reason all three have a good system but PKC is just fitting our club better
if anyone would like you can give me a call i will gladly help you get started in PKC.
We would like to see a boost here in West Virginia in clubs us and Bluefield are the only ones in the state right now
but that won't be for long PKC is growing.

J.R Dunlap
304-881-9771 cell