lp rule question

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

raccoon crk kennel

Re: lp rule question

Post by raccoon crk kennel »

hskennels69 wrote:WOW Kenny sounds like you have been studying,LOL.I'd say that dog deserves a check as long as it's still pounding it.That dog is still working hard at the end of the hunt and deserves credit for producing..JMO
id say it deserves it as well,he said it rolled out with it,went 20 yrds so thats by far forward progress to me,the point im getting across is that i see alot of judges scoring a babbling dog in the ck area,they need to move the track witch is part of forward progress and thats were judgement call comes in how far is far enough.i dont agree with a dog being checked while standing in the same spot blowing a hole in the ground nor do they have to blow out and smoke the line for a mile,common since will tell you if the dog has the rabbit...the worse thing about judging is the handlers trys to go by ear and think they have more cks than the judges gives them,alot of times you can tell by ear if a dog has the rabbit,but theres them hard cks in every race that sounds like a certian dog has it but the judge using eye sight knows its wrong and theres always the ones bickering cause they thought they had cks they never made progress with.im guilty of this as a handler so is 99% of the rest of the trialers.