He measured in

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dwight47

He measured in

Post by dwight47 »

If u can't bet them try to have them measured shame on the Ramey
Go get them john

BCBeagles

Re: He measured in

Post by BCBeagles »

Sounds like a controversy..... :roll:

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

must be getting close to the world hunt
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Hill Top Beagles

Post by Hill Top Beagles »

Afraid to run again ole Trapper; :lol: :biggrin: :lol:

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

LMAO !!!!I LOVE IT!! :lol:
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING DIRTY GIRL
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J
RILEYS ROLLING MISS DIXIE

John L. Maynard

Post by John L. Maynard »

Hi Dwight, that wasn't me they tried to measure out, I was the judge in that cast. It was Joe Varney, a guy that might go to 4 hunts a year, never bothers anybody and just goes to have a good time.
I have been field trialing for over 25 years and that was probably the most disappointed I have been in someone who was supposed to be Joes friend try to measure him out.
I guess if you think you can't beat them on a rabbit try to measure them.
I am old school, I will never hunt or keep a dog that I think the only way I could beat someone was to measure them out.
John Maynard
Triple M's Beagles

LPGRRCH Triple M's Code Blue II
LPGRRCH Backroads Axle
LPRCH Triple M's Code Blue Chance
LPRCH Triple M's Ol Black Betty

lovers gap kennels

Post by lovers gap kennels »

Its not a rule violation to measure a hound before casting.

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

It's not a rule violation. But in my opinion I would not care if a dog was 13 inches or 18 inches. I would take my chances in the field against the dog. Not try to measure it out. Especially somebody that was suppose to be his friend. The thing is if you run a dog that is 18 inches and it isn't worth a dime nobody will measure you. But if you run a dog that is close to 15 inches and is a good dog, some people feel the only way they can beat it is hoping it will measure out. The dog was measured and he measured in so there was no controversy. Like my brother said I would never measure a dog no matter the size. I would have confidence in my dog to compete in the field and not try to beat it with a measuring stick.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA

dwight47

Post by dwight47 »

Point has been made
It doesn't pay anything in the arha just cost friend ships

rameybeagles

Post by rameybeagles »

A rule is a rule. Everybody should have to abide by the NKC rules. And it clearly states that a dog must be 15 inches and under and I owned the dog when he was around 16 months old and I know for a fact he is over. It's not the first time a dog has got measured. I don't see why it's such a big deal. If their not close and ya follow the rules ya don't have to worry about it. If ya don't like the Rules of NKC maybe ya should try PKC or UKC.
Home of
LP R Ch Ramey's Roll On LIttle Buddy
LP R Ch Ramey's Roll On Little Abby

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

:lol: ...The measurment contraversy continues!!!! No comment for or against. I just sit back n Laugh about it when it comes up any more. :lol: . :lol: ... I'm so glad I am about to Quit this Crap. And not just over the measurment rule. And its a dang shame. I use to look forward to a trial and now I dred one. The luster and the fun are all but gone for me. Just gonna run mine and enjoy'em. Just have to get use to sitting sideways on my tailgate from all the extra money in my wallet propin my ass up. Hope I can find something I can realy get into one day where the usual one or two butt holes that show up don't ruin it for everyone else thats just there to have a good time. Cause from my experince Little Pack sure ain't it. I'm out. Yall have a good one.

lovers gap kennels

Its not hard, its just numbers .if he is 15 and under run him. if he is over 15 expect to be measured at the post. I wouldn't get up set over a handler wanting to measure a hound or even lose a friend or have any hard feelings over a dog being measured That I owned. That's just bad sportsmanship . Its in the rule book That a handler can challenge the size of your hound at the post. if your running over 15inch hounds or close then its going to happen. If he measures over 15inch. then N.K.C. rules on the size are clear and easy understood. if its over 15 your beat at the post any way because running a hound that's over 15 is a rule violation.. And I understand what your saying John about running 13 against 18 dogs let the best dog win. settle it in the field. But the rule on the standard in that class is 15 and under and Mr. Ramey does have the right to ask for a breed inspector to measure a hound nothing wrong with that. Look at it as friendly fire between u all .
Last edited by lovers gap kennels on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbithunter5890

Post by rabbithunter5890 »

If you bring a dog to a hunt you should beleive he can win against anything, even if there's a darn horse on the lead beside you

lovers gap kennels

That's why they have horse race tracks for Horses and Little Pack Hunts for Beagles . Id beat if you bring your beagle to the Ky. Derby to enter a race they would tell you that you cant... because you didn't meet the breed standards.
Last edited by lovers gap kennels on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbithunter5890

Post by rabbithunter5890 »

Thanks for telling me that now I won't waste my time entering my dog in the derby