Merle Crain Information on Dog sold to Mike Cron Needed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

If thats the dog I think it is....(I try to block the image out) I bet you dont have to worry about someone taking him! His teeth are sharper than they look in the pic! :shock: :lol:
Crane Creek Kennels

trackman

Holy Moly!! Phone Call from Merle Crane!!!

Post by trackman »

The answer is out!!! If you want Merle to return your calls Bowhunter59 I know how to make it happen. I called Merle and left a nasty message on his answering machine, not the normal nice ones, and lo and behold he called me back. Complaining that his family heard my message. I apologised to him that his family had to hear it, but I told him I was not sorry he did. We spoke and it was not a good conversation, the dog is definately NOT AKC or NKC registered, and he would not tell me who he got the dog from. He said he will get the pedigree on the dog, but he won't tell me who it is coming from so that don't mean much to me. He also told me if I am going to be in the area I should stop by, I don't think he wants to have tea with me though. I have a feeling Merle is just a tad bit upset with me and he said he does not appreciate what I put on the internet about him. I told him he should not give people reasons to put things on this board. As for the dog he is really good at chasing things.................DEER. Time to get out the mouse traps and deer scent I guess. Well I told you I would put up the end result and there you have it. Bowhunter it could be worse, your dog won't come out, but at least she ain't chasing deer. Maybe when comes out she'll chase rabbits. :twisted:

bowhunter59

j;

Post by bowhunter59 »

be nice to see her chease something instead of me chasing her lol!!
god is so good!

Post by Guest »

sorry things ended that way mike. i know a guy in southern IL that has 2 AKC females that are bramlett bred and do have AKC papers. i think he wants $125 apiece and they are supposed to be lightly started. email me if you want his phone number. good luck.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

hey mike- the above post is me. i wasnt logged in :roll: .

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

got in on this one late folks, but my friend got taken by ole Merle; we both live not to far from his place. He bought a junk dog and I'll told him it was junk. My buddy bought one anyway cause he he had heard so much about them. Junk, cull. anyway Merle wouldn't sell him other hounds we wanted to look at once he knew we were only gun hunters and not field trialers. Merele wasn't even starting his own hounds, so how could he know how they ran !!!!! Any way to address mr snowshoe hare guide specifically. I have have been in beagles 8 years and met one person,who operated like this, the aforementioned. I dabble in tree hounds the last 3 years for coon/squirrel these are curs/fiest/coonhounds. 50% of the people in tree hounds in my opnion are dishonest and alot of it I believe has to do with the money in stud fees and hunts. I don't support that, not renewing my PKC membership and have found the whole experience pretty crappy. Beagle folks vastly more upstanding !!!

Brad
LonePine Kennels
Bowling Green, Indiana

diamond P

Post by diamond P »

I have seen and heard enough to know I will not be buying any dogs from mr. Crain.And If I see another post on You should try the hound before you buy it i'm going to pull my hair out.We all know not to buy hounds sight unseen ,but on the other hand WHO CAN YOU TRUST ! I think all the outstanding beaglers that look at these boards should PUNISH mr.crain with thier pocketbook. No demand no supply ! There is nothing worse than a liar and a cheat ,and it will all come back around in the end.

Big Dog

merle crain

Post by Big Dog »

Well said Diamond P

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

Diamond P I WOULD NOT GO AS FAR AS THAT,I HAVE BOUGHT A FEW DOGS,AND PUPS SIGHT UNSEEN,JUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DEAL WITH.AND ALWAYS REMENBER NOONE IS GOING TO SELL THEIR BEST DOGS,IF SOME ONE WOULD HAVE A REATING SYSTEM LIKE THE ONE ON EBAY WHERE ONE COULD LEAVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE DEALING WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE MAYBE EVEN COME UP WITH A WEB SITE JUST FOR THIS
JUST MY TWO CENTS WVRABBITHUNTER

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear about your situation this gives beagle breeders every where a bad name. I know who I can trust to sell you a dog that is not a cull. The reason I know this is his culls get culled. If you have any interest let me know ksmith@vernonagency.com and I can maybe get you in touch. I have only known them a short time but have purchased two hounds one started one a pup and they are both doing great. One is 8 months old running great and the other one is really doing well 15 months old. Let me know and I can make a good recomendation.

oakhill

crain

Post by oakhill »

Now this is only a thought. But I have read enough about Mr. Crain to makes me sad and upset that someone would do this sort of thing. It would sort of get the point across if someone had his address and copied the posts and sent them to him since he doesn't have a computer. Maybe he would get the point and maybe he just doesn't give a darn. Send me the address and I'll take care of it and will had a lot of "SHAME ON YOU". :mad:

Sally

Don

Post by Don »

Hickory Hills Kennel
Mr. Merle Crain,OWNER
RT 1,Box 224
Laclede,IL 62426
618/245/6652

trackman

Post by trackman »

wvrabbithunter wrote:Diamond P I WOULD NOT GO AS FAR AS THAT,I HAVE BOUGHT A FEW DOGS,AND PUPS SIGHT UNSEEN,JUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DEAL WITH.AND ALWAYS REMENBER NOONE IS GOING TO SELL THEIR BEST DOGS,IF SOME ONE WOULD HAVE A REATING SYSTEM LIKE THE ONE ON EBAY WHERE ONE COULD LEAVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE DEALING WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE MAYBE EVEN COME UP WITH A WEB SITE JUST FOR THIS
JUST MY TWO CENTS WVRABBITHUNTER
Great Idea!!! Maybe Bev can put a rating forum up just for beagle breeders and people can post thier experiences good-bad-or otherwise. That would stop alot of crooks and jockeys out there and it would make it a whole lot easier to buy from near and far.............Just a suggestion :P

Little Dog

Post by Little Dog »

DITTO on the rating breeders/sellers/traders/kennels, and I'd like to also see who is making comments. Might give the site more traffic. Might be some type of liability if someone does not want to be listed, well maybe not a liability, but they might cause trouble.
"The best dog is the dog that pleases you the best"

trackman

Crain Response to Sally

Post by trackman »

Sally,
Apparently Merle knows his name is up here in lights. He mentioned it on the phone to me. He said "I don't appreciate what you are putting on that internet about me", he said "I talked to you about the dog 15 times, why did you do that?". My reply was simple "You talked to me 15 times and you forgot to mention the dog had no papers?". I don't know if there is any shame involved as far as he is concerned, but I do know one thing----he did not offer to take the dog back. He feels he did me a favor by bringing the dog out here, he was on his way to pick one up from me to go to someone else, so I did not get charged for hauling. Some favor! Costs me dog food, vet bills, for a no paper, non-rabbit hunting, deer dog. I have been told that at one time he was the best, and now he is just in it for the money. One guy I spoke to told me all he does is get a truck load of dogs, and then sells them on his reputation good and bad dogs alike. I don't know if that is true, but I am sure of one thing I have heard so many bad things from so many people, that it seems an impossible thing that Merle does not know what people are saying.