Running with Daddy Rabbit

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

oakhill

Running with Daddy Rabbit

Post by oakhill »

We didn't get the guns out but we went over in the cow pasture for a bit of running then over to Daddy Rabbits to work with some pups. These videos look better than in person. lol Bev brought her 11 year old female who is a champion and two pups. We has a blast and appreciate Daddy Rabbit taking the day to run hounds with us. Fas Track and Ohlinger went back to the training pen with us. We had a blast!!!
Click on the u tube videos
Dolly in the field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2p5JIkPloA
Working the pups in the pen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIEEbvReEg
Dream being snuck into the motel room. :approve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPwI0Vqyek
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

Nor' Easter

Re: Running with Daddy Rabbit

Post by Nor' Easter »

Hey, nice spot ya have there to run. I have a grandpup out of Dolly, Mikema's Farmer Clem he is 15 months old and flying on hare up here in Nova Scotia Canada in the snow and cold. Nice to see Dolly's still got the get up and go. Clem sure doesn't tire out at all and he's the purdiest dog I've had yet and get alot of compliments on his looks from others also. I will be putting on some video soon, just need some safer weather to take the camcorder out in, but I will do it in the snow.It will probably be around 10 degrees F. here for the end of the winter. Got to go to beat the traffic home from work. Keep up the great work guys and gals.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

That's neat to know. I hope the pup does well for you. :biggrin: It was a really nice spot, and I appreciate getting the opportunity to run with the likes of Sally and Daddy Rabbit. It was great to meet some southern beaglers I hadn't met yet, too.

I was pretty proud of ol' Dolly - She hadn't been in the field in 2 years come March, and she stayed out the whole time both days and hunted those briars, and didn't show any signs of wanting to come in. She has a lot of heart. Sally's little blueticks just get right in there and wiggle up 'n under those briars, LOL (or out of suitcases as the need may be). This was Dolly and Clem's pups' first real road trip - I didn't expect much but they learned a lot about travelling, tieing out, handling in the field, eating on a lead in a strange place in the dark, lol....you know the routine. They did have a ball with their sight chases, though.

Here are a few more pics from the trip:

Me and Daddy Rabbit

Sally and Daddy Rabbit

Ohlinger, me, Sally, and Daddy Rabbit watching the pups. I've got a picture of Fast Trak (Daniel Hill) with us, too. I'll have to size it up for the web.

FST TRAC

Post by FST TRAC »

WEll i had a great time getting to see Bev, Sally, and Daddy Rabbit. And ohlinger i seen him all week since he was with me running hounds here all week LOL. It was great to geat all of us together and laugh and joke. And that Daddy Rabbit and Sally u get them to together and look out!!! :lol: But glad Bev you and Sally got to come down and run with DR he is one of a kind a great guy he has helped me alot over the years,great mentor. Keep up the work with the 2 hounds Bev i believe they got the hang of it now and Sally i hope to get up to see ya soon
your friend
FST TRAC
FST TRAC BEAGLES
Lavonia Georgia
http://www.freewebs.com/fsttrackennels/

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Got it sized. Here's Fst Trac (third from left):

Congrats on finishing your dog that weekend, Daniel! I'm sure you will glide right through the certification! :dance:

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

Here is a couple more.
Attachments
1.jpg
(165.14 KiB) Downloaded 5356 times
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

bbk11

Post by bbk11 »

Awesome pics thanks for sharing!

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Looks like everyone had a great time! Love the pics and videos!

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

It was really great to meet you Bev and Daddy Rabbits (Aubrey Holcombe), and always GREAT to see Sally again!!! Daniel thanks for letting me hole up at you're spot for a few days and those dogs of our Definitley pounded some Georgia Rabbits Congrats for finish'n Jessie for the 200th time man she is a great dog i'm happy for you both it's well deserved i can say that much!! It was a good trip with great company all week long!!!
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Looks like you guys and gals had much fun and ole Daddy Rabbit looks like he knows a thing or two about rabbit dawgs. Enjoyed the pics and videos. :D

bbk11

Post by bbk11 »

You got to watch hanging around Daniel and Shawn they are both trouble.