4th Annual Valentine's Day Fun Run

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

oakhill

4th Annual Valentine's Day Fun Run

Post by oakhill »

I am posting this for Southern Beagles cause she wanted you to see how bad she beat me at killing rabbits.

:D Ok, guess you have figured out by now I just couldn't stand it. Ice storm or not I was headed south even if it was just for 24 hours. I spent all day Friday with the chain saw cutting of tree tops and picking up limb. Got a dandy brush pile in the running pen now. I left in such a hurry I forgot and left the chain saw out in the rain. :eek: Shhhhhhh don't tell Tony.

I had a fantastic time. Didn't get to spend as much time as I would have wanted with everybody but heck, I was just glad I got there. Red, you chicken!!!! You left without even coming to where I was and speaking to me. You was scared of the bluetick is the reason I figure. Anyway, was sorry I missed ya. Next time friend.

Katrina, Amber, and I took the 4 wheelers over on a different ridge from the others cause we were on a mission to get Amber her very first rabbit ever. Here are some of the pictures I took along with some of Rimshots and Gary's :p

Amber, Katrina, and I rode the 4 wheelers to where we were gonna hunt.

Amber and Katrina in the briars waiting for the rabbit to come around.Image

My hounds came from 20 degrees to 70 degree weather and they got so hot I was giving them water after every race. Up and down those hills and hollows after the first rabbit that made 3 circles.

Amber kills her first ever rabbit. We have unleashed a demon. She was ready for another rabbit before she got this one cleaned.

Amber showing the hounds.

The dream team!

Oakhill hounds going for a ride.

Amber dressing her rabbit.

Amber with Katrina after Katrina killed her rabbit.

Trevor, George, Kenny, Amber(still holding her rabbit), Gary, Katrina, Emery

Swamper and Harry.

Worn out dogs. The hound on the left is laying on a game bag full of rabbits.

Rimshot

Gary, Harry, Trevor

George drinking the juice out of a vienna sausage can.(yuck)

Dan and his wife, George, Mack

Kenny, Mack(who kindly loaned me his 4 wheeler), Rimshot, Swamper.

Emery wit Duncan and Sasha

Red doing what he does best standing with Kenny
:D

Amber and Swamper fixing supper for everyone.

A special thanks goes out to Amber and Brian who worked so hard to make every thing go so perfect. I had a fantastic time.

Ok, I worked all morning trying to get this video to up load. I was standing on one side of the hill trying to tape the hounds with my digital camera. Was facing into the sun and the video is hard to see. I uploaded it to Photobucket and then Youtube. Click on one or the other and see what you think.

Last edited by oakhill on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

Jr Walker

Re: 4th Annual Valentine's Day Fun Run

Post by Jr Walker »

Looks like yall had a great time! and congrats to Amber on her first rabbit!!!
Walk Away Kennel-----Shelbyville TN.
Jr. Walker

http://www.myspace.com/jrisdaman69

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

sure did j r ..salley missed her cvhance to teach them blueticks a few things runnin with these patch hounds is valuable experience..

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

at least Amber knows how to field dress a rabbit, I showed the guys I hunt with that trick and they though it was gross, they are a bunch of sissies, con grad to amber on her first rabbit.

Emery

Post by Emery »

Do those bibs make me look fat or what? :shock:

Seriously, it was great to finally meet some of you "southerners" that I only knew over the internet. It is always a good time when beaglers get together and run dogs and shoot some rabbits. I am happy to say that I saw 2 deer and the dogs were running in the vicinity and we didn't have any extra curricular activities by them. Thank you to the Swampers' for opening up their house and feeding the tribe. A very tasty meal was provided. My wife was a reluctant ride a long but as long as there was a pool where she could take the kids... Anyway, she did say on the way home that she had a good time and was happy to meet all of you too.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

PREACHERS,KENNEL

wish i coulda met her em. then i could know who puts up with u lol.. i;d like to run thenm white bunnie sometime next yr if u can do it during the week.ur not fat em just fluffy lol. rimshot was scared of u lol he didnt wanna talk about ur dogs did he lol hes a mess..

Emery

Post by Emery »

Ya Red, we could probably arrange a mid week hunt for those white bunnies. However, you have to be careful running them with those white dogs so you don't get confused and shoot the wrong thing. :lol:
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

PREACHERS,KENNEL

LOL I HEAR YA.. mines got a little color to them maybe that will help. soundsm good love to try that for sure . how far away from u are they??

Emery

Post by Emery »

11 hrs nort!

Gbeagle

Post by Gbeagle »

It sure was great to see all the faces I haven't seen in a while and to see some new ones that I only know from the internet. God Bless that everyone returned home safe and sound!!!!

And Now for the real show LOL!!!!!

We don't usually allow this kinda behaviour but since it was the Valentines Hunt there may have been a lil cooking going on :chef:

Beware of the shoes :angel:

Rimshot taking over Swampers house :argue:

Emery apologizing to his dog after a run in the never ending briar thicket.
A mans EGO is one heck of a weight for a dog to carry!!!!!