rabbit hunting the railroad tracks

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

The_Natural

rabbit hunting the railroad tracks

Post by The_Natural »

Has anybody else any other state or ohio where i am from getting hassled for rabbit hunting the railroad from the gamewarden....i know they are trying to restrict hunters from hunting the railroad since 9/11 b/c of suspcious people. rabbit hunters have always hunted the railroad. really the people own the railroad if you own shares of stock in the railroad and can actually get you out of trouble for trespassing b/c how can you you be trespassing on land you somewhat own. please give me some responses to this and your experience to this......

dmbarnes

Post by dmbarnes »

Yeah they are stopping the hunting on RR tracks here in Indiana too. I lost some of my best rabbit hunting spots :cry: I know of people who have gotten tickets for trespassing on RR property. I was hassled by a deputy who was a smart ass. While hunting some tracks,kinda of ruined a good day of rabbit hunting.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

its been illegal in IL for as long as i remember, but most of the gamewardens dont really enforce it. we're a small rural area, so everyone kind of knows everyone, that may be why we can get away with it. im sure in bigger areas it would be a safety concern.

jackrabbit

just a few bad apples

Post by jackrabbit »

the few bad apples that shoot the rail cars as they travel the rails, and the lawsuits for injuries has been the biggest reason. if you can hunt on the private lands that follow the tracks its hard for them to say anything. you just dont want to be caught on the rail property itself.

Jack Hyden
Indiana Beaglers Alliance

smitt

Post by smitt »

ditto with blackdirt we are small community and I have always hunted tracks in MI. I have heard they are cracking down but have had no problem yet.

smitt

Post by smitt »

ditto with blackdirt we are small community and I have always hunted tracks in MI. I have heard they are cracking down but have had no problem yet.

sog

Post by sog »

does anyone know if it illegal in Wisconsin Im not sure

Post by Guest »

its illegal here in KY too. I did not know this until three weeks ago. The gamewardens gave me and friend tickets. $210 a peace. That sucks.

steve barnhart

huntting r.r. tracks

Post by steve barnhart »

HEY I LIVE IN COLUMBUS OHIO. AND THEY STOPED LETTING YOU HUNT R.R. TRACKS A VERY LONG TIME AGO. IF YOU ARE STILL HUNTTING R.R. TRACKS IN OHIO AND YOU HAVEN GOT A TICKET YET YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN. BECAUSE THEY WILL I KNOW FRIST HAND.

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural »

wow, all we have now really to hunt is public hunting area and the stae lets that grow up to where you cant hunt it but i dont care i will probabley hunt the tracks until i do get a ticket....but try it again and tell the gamewarden you own stock in the railroad which makes u an owner and they cant do nothing they cant give you a ticket for hunting some of property you own,....tell him if he tries to argue this a criminal justice major who is studying to become a lawyer told you this and he has no case against you.....