blood line question Tadpole/lizzard creek

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

p&y finally

blood line question Tadpole/lizzard creek

Post by p&y finally »

Im considering 2 pups that are out of tadpole and lizzard creek bloodlines. Anybody familiar or have opinions?

There suposed to be small (under 13") which is what i like. Is that common of this breeding?

Thanks,
Chris

bamabeagler

Re: blood line question Tadpole/lizzard creek

Post by bamabeagler »

Hey man i have two beagles that have a good bit of Lizzard Creek in their pedigrees. These two are littermates, one is a copper and white male that i havent even took up any time with and his sister is a b&t with a little white on her and she is lightly started. These hounds are probably right at the 13' mark give or take a little but if my judging is right they are close to it. I bought these dogs from Haven Knight, he is from somewhere up around the Phenix City AL./Columbus GA. area. He bred his dog Knights Elmer Fudd to Cedar Trails Little Dixie Girl and in both of those dogs pedigree have tons of Turkey Creek and Lizzard Creek in them. I dont have the ped's in hand right now and id have to get them outta my file but im almost certain these dogs great grandfather or great somethin-another is Gunsmoke Lizard Creek Tadpole or Gunsmoke Squaley....idk exactly what those two hounds are to my dogs but i think they are both in the pedigree and i think they are both FC's. Im not 100% on the breeding but i do know there is alot of Lizzard Creek in my dogs and they are around the 13' mark

p&y finally

Post by p&y finally »

Thanks Bama.
These 2 im looking at are both b&t with some blue ticking on their chests. The male is right at 12" and the female is 11".

gunner

Post by gunner »

I have a 13 1/2 inch bluetick female that is Kingswood T Rex and Lizard Creek Tadpole bred. She is real gritty and has alot of hunt.

Lady

"HONEST HOUND OWNERS MAKE HONEST HOUNDS"
Ben Riggs 270-766-9417

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

We used to trial in the ARHA back in the day that Tadpole was competing in the ARHA PP. George judged him on several occasions. Tadpole was a good sized dog from what we can remember maybe 14 1/2 to 14 3/4. Tadpole was about as good as they came for rabbit hunting. It would take a strong pack of dogs to run with him. The average pack of dogs couldn't keep up with him to get anything on him. He had good line control but could ruffen up if he needed to dominate the pack. He liked the front. He ran wind scent as much as he ran ground scent and could run a rabbit and turn on a dime while running 4 ft off the line. He could run high scent when everything else was running low scent. I think he competed and finished in the AKC in the Mid West Gundog Federation as well..
This is what we remember about him. Hope that helped you.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

beagler282

Post by beagler282 »

Tadpole threw alot of hounds in the 13'' range.You can almost look at hounds here in GA and tell if they have that background from the way they are built.Lots of hunt with good endurance.His offspring seem to be even better when crossed with the weir creek bloodline.Not many hounds left that are straight out of Tadpole.Since you live in GA we should get together and run sometime.I have 2 hounds left straight from that bloodline.Gunsmoke Squaley and Burk's Lil Buddy.Even at an old age they still get it done.
Ray Lucas
Cedar Trail Kennels

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I thought Tadpole won the ARHA Little Pack World Hunt. Was it PP instead? How long since he died? I heard a lot of really good things about him, but not much about his ofspring. This is an informative thread for me. He must have been bred close to home because I don't know of anyone in eastern Ky with that blood right now.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

schwanie

Post by schwanie »

DRamey wrote:I thought Tadpole won the ARHA Little Pack World Hunt. Was it PP instead? How long since he died? I heard a lot of really good things about him, but not much about his ofspring. This is an informative thread for me. He must have been bred close to home because I don't know of anyone in eastern Ky with that blood right now.
I use to own Tadpole and sold him back to some friends in Ponatoc Ms. when he was around 2 1/2 yrs.old. Tadpole finished as AKC FC. in the MID-South Fed. with clubs back then from Meridan Ms. up to North Ms. He was official messured in AKC @ 13". He actually was around 13 1/4. He was sold again and went on to do well in ARHA PP. His pedigree had a lot of local breeding. One dog that was in his pedigree i can remember was FC. Helms Black Man which was southern bred. I also remember a cross of Indian Hills Major way back on his bottom side. Hope this helps.
Last edited by schwanie on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beagler282

Post by beagler282 »

DRamey,Shannon Howard of Willow creek kennel has the littermate to my squaley dog which is Buzz Bomb Tadpole.He is located in eastern KY.This hound is directly off of tadpole.

Jim Byram made Tadpole a FC and then went on to promote him in ARHA PP where he did very well.You can find his bloodline all the way up in to Michigan.Alot of good hounds come from tadpole.The best cross Tadpole ever made was with a female named Midnight Molly III.Both tadpole and her went into the hall of fame as reproducers.This was some of the hounds from that cross:
HOF.PP.Gr.R.Ch.Buzz Bomb Tadpole
PP.R.Ch.Gunsmoke Elly Mae
HOF.PP.Gr.R.Ch.Gunsmoke Coppertop
HOF.PP.Gr.R.Ch.Gunsmoke Squaley
HOF.PP.Gr.R.Ch.Gunsmoke Mississippi Bell

This was his trial record:
OPEN CLASS:

11 Hunts Entered
2 Wins

CHAMPION CLASS:

7 Hunts Entered
2 State Wins
1 Regular Hunt Win

GRAND CHAMPION CLASS:
38 Hunts Entered

12 Regular Hunts Wins
4 State Wins
2 Regional Wins
1 Regional Hunt 2nd place

TOTAL WINS: 23

Hall of Fame Competition
107 points in 56 hunts
Hall of Fame Reproducer

2000 High Point of the Year
Grand Champion

2000 Hound of the Year
Runoff Winner

First dog in ARHA to win High Point and Hound of the Year in the same year.
AKC Field Champion 4 wins
Ray Lucas
Cedar Trail Kennels

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Impressive! Thanks for the info,guys!
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

p&y finally

Post by p&y finally »

Thanks for the help, im going to pick up the pups in the morning :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Battlecreek

Post by Battlecreek »

Tad pole breed to one tuff Ombre for sale call 513-593-0022 will be 6 weeks July 4 2018 , AKC reg. Can send some pic there 2 male 2 females can meet reasonable distance.

Battlecreek

Post by Battlecreek »

I crossed a green well reggie pup into tade Pole mle and got great hounds out of it. And all where under 13 .
So I breed my One Tuff Ombre female to a Tade Pole Male and they all came out big style great running hounds.
I am selling 4 of them that are all two big males and two big female if any body wants them call me 513 593 0022

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Think daddy rabbit kennels is GA might have some crossed with his old wire creek line. I saw some hunt from his line, nice rabbits dogs with non stop hunt,grit, love the briars.